picture of my son

heinzsoup

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_0048.jpg

any ideas on editing to make this suitable for a frame?

thank you in advance!!
Sue

id say tone down the brightness just a hair and crop it to fit the frame and your good to go
maybe use selective Gaussian blur to blur the background to draw focus on your son alone

Maybe this works better in B & W?? I tried to tone down the brightness, but it seemed to darken his face too much......

DSC_0048-1.jpg

hmm... maybe lasso the back of the head with a high feather and brighten that alone

heres my attempt, its a tricky bit of PS though...
DSC_0048.jpg

What about this photo makes you want to frame it specifically? Is it a special place or moment for you?

The reason I ask is that there really isn't a lot of emotion or character in this photo (although Im sure you see it because he is your son).

Although it is a sweet picture it just doesn't seem like a standout shot to frame. There are also some super blown out highlights on his back. You could crop that out depending on your image size...

What about this photo makes you want to frame it specifically? Is it a special place or moment for you?

The reason I ask is that there really isn't a lot of emotion or character in this photo (although Im sure you see it because he is your son).

Although it is a sweet picture it just doesn't seem like a standout shot to frame. There are also some super blown out highlights on his back. You could crop that out depending on your image size...

I guess I want to frame it because it captures who he is at this stage in his life....he's inquisitive, constantly touching, experimenting, exploring. He's never been a super-smiley child and to try to get an "expression" would probably look forced.....and not "him". Do you know what I mean?

As far as the highlights....thank you...I'll try to work on it!:)

What do you think about this crop?

DSC_0048-3-1-1.jpg

I figured i would give it a go....ive not done much photoshopping, but i love to experiment. You have a really handsome son there!! I tried to fix the shirt and hair where it was blown out, cropped a little and messed with the color....i like the effect, but some dont. with a son that handsome, im sure you will get lots of great pics of him as he grows!!

A

DSC_00482.jpg

i think if you love it and it captures your child for you, frame it! Not every photo has to be one way or follow rules, some just need to capture a little bit of personality.

i think if you love it and it captures your child for you, frame it! Not every photo has to be one way or follow rules, some just need to capture a little bit of personality.

Definitely agree with that....I've framed stuff that would make a pro photographer go nuts...but I like it...soooooo.....pffffffft! :)

Thank you so much for your time and input. I am going to play with it more in B&W. I especially appreciate your support in my choice to frame it. Thank you again!!!!!

Most reactions

Back