nima

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Untitled-2.png

I'm (as you guesses) newbie... so even the most basic advice will help me

Thanks

First, let me say that you got the focus right on the photo is very clear and sharp. Good job! I know it can be difficult sometimes, but I would suggest trying to get the cat to look towards the camera. I also feel imho it could also benefit from a closer crop there seems to be a lot of empty space.

Hi Nema,

A few pointers; if the picture is about the cat, than try to keep other distracting things (like the barstool?) out of the frame. And - in most cases - it's better to have your main subject completely in the picture (you've lost part of the tail here)

Then, try to come up with an interesting angle and an interesting composition. The cat is almost dead center now...that usually doesn't create the most exciting pics.
So shoot some more and keep posting 'm here! Looking forward to seeing more.

pascal

This photo is better placed in People and Pets, you will get the critique you're asking for here, too.

Puscas is saying what I would have said: next time you try to photograph your cat, lay down flat on the floor to be on eye level with your cat, try to move around so you get anything distracting out of your background ... by which time the cat will have left the spot :roll: and walked its way :roll: ... don't I know it only too well about cats... but ... yes. Try to crop this one (or have us crop it for you?) ... it is nice as it is but not too well composed.

Most reactions

Back