picture sites

GoD_Midway

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Right now I don't feel like buying a Pro account on Flickr, so what other sites are good for uploading photos (free)? I heard quality is lost on photobucket...

if your posting less than 200 images, you can get a free flickr account..

I think the 'quality loss' issue, is because many people don't understand enough about digital file size. If you upload an image that has already been resized and compresses (JPEG quality), then you should be able to get the file size small enough that the online hosting site doesn't try to do it for you. I think many people run into problems when they try to upload large files because then the site resizes the image automatically and that may be detrimental to the image quality.

I think the 'quality loss' issue, is because many people don't understand enough about digital file size. If you upload an image that has already been resized and compresses (JPEG quality), then you should be able to get the file size small enough that the online hosting site doesn't try to do it for you. I think many people run into problems when they try to upload large files because then the site resizes the image automatically and that may be detrimental to the image quality.

So photobucket should be fine, or do I have to make my pics smaller?

How large are your originals? If 20 pics is 7GB, then you may need to resize them smaller before posting anywhere.

Last edited:
Photobucket should be fine, as long as you resize your images and save a copy for uploading.

With that said, I don't like Photobucket anymore because, for some reason, most things on Photobucket are blocked by the firewall at my work. So if you put them on Photobucket, I won't be able to see them. :(

Photobucket should be fine, as long as you resize your images and save a copy for uploading.

With that said, I don't like Photobucket anymore because, for some reason, most things on Photobucket are blocked by the firewall at my work. So if you put them on Photobucket, I won't be able to see them. :(

My pics aren't worth seeing anyways, and when I think I can actually take photos worth looking at, I will upgrade to the Pro account on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back