Picture slides

RABIES

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi to everyone, I was just wondering if any older experienced people would be able to advise me regarding 60’s & 70’s slides please ?
My 91yr old father in law was a real keen photographer and amassed quite a few slides. I have tried to find a suitable projector so that he can see a lot of the past memories he took, especially as most of his family have now passed. They aren’t the normal 35mm size film . The slide’s dimensions for the outside frame size is 70mm x 70mm and the actual viewing window is 46mm x 46mm. I have attached a few pictures in the hope that someone else may have experienced the same problem or atleast has knowledge of it . Thanks for taking the time to read my problem

Attachments

• IMG_3236.jpeg
    IMG_3236.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3232.jpeg
    IMG_3232.jpeg
    1,004.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3235.jpeg
    IMG_3235.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3234.jpeg
    IMG_3234.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Mamiya ProCabin projectors are nice.

Problem with the UK eBay model is dealing with possibly unavailable replacement bulbs.

Problem with the UK eBay model is dealing with possibly unavailable replacement bulbs.
The OP should jump on that listing above......it comes with a spare bulb.

Mamiya ProCabin projectors are nice.

I share a ProCabin with a couple friends. Really nice machine with good optics. Still drool over 120 Scala slides--sigh...

Those are slides from medium format 120/620 film. I've seen those projectors for sale but they are pricey. At my lab we would charge $1.49 each out of the mount.
You could buy an Epson flatbed and scan the slides into digital and make prints or show him on your phone/laptop etc.

Scanner for these slides......
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...B11B198011_Perfection_V600_Photo_Scanner.html
Hi webestang64,
Thanks very much for your speedy and very helpful information. I will tell my father in law the good news . If he had just a few slides I’m sure he would have been only too happy to pay the 1-49 per slide but as he has literally thousands of slides I think the purchase of the scanner would be preferable . Once again thank you so much for taking the time to read my question .

I recommend scanning to digital. Makes them much easier to show on a computer/tablet/phone, etc. Also much easier to preserve and publish. Might be some real gems in there or important historical shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back