Picture taken with Canon 350D - Critiques are welcomed and appreciated

any reason for the small aperture?

To be honest the picture is pretty boring. I enjoy the subject but the photo doesn't really do much for me, and if I was flipping through pictures I wouldn't take but a few seconds to glance it over.

If you had gotten lower for a point of view not normally seen I think it would have really improved the shot, making the train much larger by perspective.

Agree with the above. If you were taking a picture just to remember or document something that would be perfect, but if you want it to be art, I'd reccomend a more compelling composition.

^^ at flogging kyle, he probably stopped it down to have more of the train sharp. My qusetion would be why the high ISO? I assume the train wasnt moving, because that would be dangerous...

actually now that I look at the site, it is a train documenting website, so I assume the aperture was to get as much in focus as possible, and the ISO was to ensure no camera shake (depending on the lens size you used)

If the train is moving if i will capture the movement if i were you. closing down my lens a little bit.

If you had gotten lower for a point of view not normally seen I think it would have really improved the shot, making the train much larger by perspective.

The lower POV would have gotten rid of the distracting power poles also.

This picture was taken in Auto mode. The train was moving about 60 MPH.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back