Pictures Blurry for some reason...

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Green_Lantern, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm shooting with an XTi. For some reason my images are coming out blurry... Last night i was playing with my speedlight and I took some pictures of myself and they came out blurry... ISO was on 400 and it was on a Tripod... Now my Tripod is a little unstable(top shakes), so im wondering if that could be the problem? Any help is apprecaited!

I can post the pics if need once I get off work. Thanks!

2. moonsandjunes

moonsandjunes TPF Noob!

i know on my nikon, when i have it on aperture priority with my SB600 flash, it'll still use a shutter speed of like 60 when i'm inside at night with just tungsten lamps on. that could be an issue- what was your shutter speed?

also, you should always use the timer when shooting anything on a tripod under 1/80 because even the teensiest wiggle on the tripod will cause some major blur. so set up the shot, set the timer for like 5 or 10 seconds and then shoot. i like to have the timer at at least 10 seconds to give the camera and tripod enough time to come to a full stop from any wiggles.

3. Mav

Mav TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah definitely post some photos, along with the EXIF data either in the photo still or by hand.

4. Dnohla vopi

Dnohla vopi TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Was that indoor or outdoor? my lens tends to get foggy when it's cold and moist. just wipe it off with a tissue

5. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That's your problem, your camera is moving.

6. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thats what I was thinking the problem was. Im gonna try to take a shot on the table and see if its blurry then. If not then I know its Tripod.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Oh and ill post the pics so everyone can see what happened.

7. Post images with EXIF.