Pictures - C&C

emac82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Guys,

I am new to the forum and wanted to post some pics for C&C, so fire away!

I have more pics but don't want to put too many at first..

DSC_0351.jpg

DSC_0465.jpg

DSC_0924.jpg

DSC_1436.jpg

DSC_1463.jpg

DSC_1472.jpg

They were resized in photobucket but I don't think they lost much quality, if any at all...

Last edited:
Love the last shot. I am not in the place to critique, as I am just starting, but the last pic really stands out to me!

i'm a sucker for waterfalls, even if its man made.

there is something about the color in that shot that just doesn't quite work...maybe a little too much red. i don't think B&W, but i think just unsaturate the red a bit..

i'm a sucker for waterfalls, even if its man made.

there is something about the color in that shot that just doesn't quite work...maybe a little too much red. i don't think B&W, but i think just unsaturate the red a bit..

Thanks, I'll try that out..

#1 - When shooting children and pets it's better to bring the camera down to their level...shoot at the eye level of your subject. Be aware of which direction the light is coming from. Try not to center your subject..."Dead center is deadly." Color and clarity is very good.

#2 - Same comments as above. Also try to fill the frame with your subject if possible.

#3 - This is a better capture but it's slightly underexposed. Subject fills the frame nicely and the shallow DOF is nice.

#4 - I like the use of a diagonal in this shot. Nice shallow DOF and nice bokeh in the background. The branchs looks a little out-of-focus though.

#5 - Very nice use of a longer shutter speed to give the flow of water than silky look.

#6 - Nice scene but we can see the shadow of the lens (or lens hood) in the foreground and the horizon is right in the middle of the shot. For shots like this, think of what is more important to you and make that take 2/3 of the frame. If the water is more important, the horizon should be 1/3 from the top. If the sky is more important, the horizon should be 1/3 from the bottom.

Thanks Samanax!!

Here are some more..

DSC_1541.jpg

DSC_1559.jpg

DSC_1619.jpg

DSC_2005_2.jpg

DSC_2401.jpg

#7 - Nice long exposure shot, but I would have taken it from a little further back.

#8 - This one is okay...again, I would have taken it from further back and it looks like there is some camera shake.

#9 - This B&W tree shot is very cool.

#10 - See the difference when you shoot animals at their level? Much more interesting shot.

#11 - Nice long exposure shot. Horizon seems tilted to the right. I would have taken a few steps to the left and tried to frame the shot between the two trees. I think you could have gone longer on the exposure too.

Love #10!!
.. and the first water fall shot, the house? somewhat takes away from it for me but I still like it...
Where abouts was it taken?

#7 - Nice long exposure shot, but I would have taken it from a little further back.

#8 - This one is okay...again, I would have taken it from further back and it looks like there is some camera shake.

#9 - This B&W tree shot is very cool.

#10 - See the difference when you shoot animals at their level? Much more interesting shot.

#11 - Nice long exposure shot. Horizon seems tilted to the right. I would have taken a few steps to the left and tried to frame the shot between the two trees. I think you could have gone longer on the exposure too.

Thanks!

For 7&8, I didn't have a tripod and the rocks were very unsteady, so I was just happy that they turned out that good, I have more from that day but I didn't post them...

For #11, I had some with a longer exposure but the lights from the city looked blurry...and I was using a tripod, do you have any tips on that?

Love #10!!
.. and the first water fall shot, the house? somewhat takes away from it for me but I still like it...
Where abouts was it taken?

Thanks!

The first water fall shot was taken in PEI...All of them work except 7, 8, 9, and 11....Those were taken in NB...

Ok too far from me.. :( Oh well.. thanks for letting me know :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back