Pictures coming out pixilated/grainy/bad quality

your samples look like the ones on dpreview. Those guys focus accurately.

I'd say that the camera simply doesn't live up to your quality expectations. There's a reason why people buy DSLRs and lenses which don't zoom at all, but cost more than your camera.

DocFrankenstein said:

I'd say that the camera simply doesn't live up to your quality expectations. There's a reason why people buy DSLRs and lenses which don't zoom at all, but cost more than your camera.

Bollox. I have seen users on this forum produce amazing shots with the FZ-20.
Crisp and clear photos. It could be his computer that is making the photos look like that or a faulty camera.

I have a Panasonc FZ20 also (or had, just sold it yesterday :( ) and that image quality is definitely not typical. The Lumix does have extensive noise issues if you go up to ISO 200, but it shouldn't be evident at anything below 200. Something is funky in your settings or you have a bum camera.

If it's possible, set up a something in front of a white background and take a bunch of shots with different settings. Macro, P, full manual, auto focus etc. See which settings are giving you the problems may help. It will also help you fix something if you have a funky setting.

I'm going to download one or two of those pictures and have a look at the EXIF and see if I spot anything odd :)

Ok that sucked your EXIF data is not there :roll: The one thing I notice though...the image size is only 2400x1800. A Lumix on the highest JPEG quality should be 2560x1920. Also, yours is telling me 96 DPI whereas my Lumix images have only ever been 72 DPI.

If you could pull up the EXIF data for me for those pictures and post it I think that would help :)

erniehatt said:
Having looked at your pics, it seems to me you have a DOF problem, try using Aperature Priority and use a smaller aperture. Using a fast shutter speed will mean you have a fairly large aperture, this can course minimal DOF. Or reduce the speed.Ernie

that and:

Before sending back, read and throughly understand how your camera focuses. I had similar issues when I first used my camera. Are you holding the shutter button half way before fully engaging, giving the camera time to focus properly?
My camera would not have focused on the moose properly either, I would have to focus on something near him first cause I use spot focusing. I have to say I do think it is the camera but best try all other avenues first.

DocFrankenstein said:

I guess my Fz-20's broken. :guilty:

Sharp.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back