pictures don't pop

hombredelmar

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all !

I have been shooting for a while and I believe I have some pretty powerful shots however they don’t POP, if you know what I mean

I have been spending lots of hours in PS and LR but cannot get any satisfaction…….yes, I need your help, please!!!

Thank you in advance,

Homeberedelmar

p.s. I am attaching a file, an original file that i was trying to work on, would really appreciate if you show me some moves, :) thanks again

Attachments

• 3Y7A3000.jpg
    3Y7A3000.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 279
1. Straighten horizon.
2. Adjust black point. White point was fine.
3. Added slight S to Curve.
4. Increased saturation.
5. High-pass Sharpen.

3Y7A3000Edit.jpg

3Y7A30005.jpg

Leveled, upped exposure a tad, lowered highlights, upped shadow a bit and a little more black, clarity, vibrance, a little blue channel and orange channel, sharpened with LR controls.

Last edited:
This is what I got after a quick 2 minute edit:

(edit) after looking at this some more I think It has too much blue tint, but hey like I said it was a 2 minute edit so if someone took the time I'm sure they could do something amazing with it :)

edit.jpg

Last edited:
I liked the color ( blue) and the way it was sharped.
Can you please tell me the steps?

1. Straighten horizon.
2. Adjust black point. White point was fine.
3. Added slight S to Curve.
4. Increased saturation.
5. High-pass Sharpen.

3Y7A3000Edit.jpg

thank you, i don't see much of a difference, the only thing i see is that it became darker

This is what I got after a quick 2 minute edit:

(edit) after looking at this some more I think It has too much blue tint, but hey like I said it was a 2 minute edit so if someone took the time I'm sure they could do something amazing with it :)

View attachment 84155

I liked the color ( blue) and the way it was sharped.
Can you please tell me the steps?

Image1c.jpg

softened the whole pic with a blurry layer and rubbed out round the head. Wanted to give more focus on the head.

Sure although I will suggest some changes afterwards :)

BASIC TAB

Temp -19
Tint no change

Exposure -0.12
Contrast +29

Highlights -100
Shadows +62
Whites +31
Blacks -31

Clarity +33
Vibrance +21
Saturation +5

DETAIL TAB

Sharpening
Amount 68

Noise Reduction
Luminance 29

LENS CORRECTIONS TAB
Check remove chromatic aberrations.

EFFECTS TAB
Post crop vignetting
Highlight priority
Amount -10

My suggestions would be:
Take the temp back to -12
Under HSL Saturation Blue +35
Under HSL Luminance Blue -10

At the end of the day it's all down to personal preference so just experiment and have fun :)

Here is my version that i was not satisfied with, looks somehow like LimePanda's example
It took me at least 1 hr to complete :(

Attachments

• 3Y7A3000-forum-.jpg
    3Y7A3000-forum-.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 242
View attachment 84165

softened the whole pic with a blurry layer and rubbed out round the head. Wanted to give more focus on the head.

I kind of like the blur but my goal was to bring up the colors to make it vivid yet realistic
Thanks 407370

and still, the picture, on all examples, looks like the one tourists take, eventually i would want to add some more value to it, some corrective layers..
Thank you, all for your support !!!

You can't edit a jpeg file as much as having the RAW file handy. The possibilities are much greater for us with the original raw file.

You can't edit a jpeg file as much as having the RAW file handy. The possibilities are much greater for us with the original raw file.

Snerd, thats true, i would upload one RAW if the site would allow me to unless there are ways i don't know about

I tanned his very white areas because they were distracting for some reason..

Attachments

• 3Y7A3000.jpg
    3Y7A3000.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 231

Most reactions

New Topics

Back