pictures don't pop

Sorry to say a snapshot is still a snapshot. Post can do little to 'pop' a snapshot unless you want to render it totally away from original shot. I would have selected a different lens with more shallow DOF and probably crop it the way Alexr25 did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vince. 1551, i dont agree with you about the power of post but i heard you.
Thanks!!!

You'll have to excuse my lack of photo shop since I'm at work, but I have another suitable program to edit your photo with simply called: Paint.

First of all, I didn't appreciate you posting a half naked photo without labeling the thread not safe for work. Nudity is not tolerated at work, so photos like this can get me in trouble and if I want to look at naked pictures at work, I have to do it on my phone. So to rectify that outstanding issue, I gave the fellow some more clothes. Once that was done, I decided that your photo was suffering from lack of clouds and added some. I used the spray paint tool to capture a more realistic look of nice white fluffy clouds. After that, I noticed a lack of birds soaring majestically through the heavans so I used the curved line tool to add a flock. They're ravens. Majestic awesome ravens. From there I thought it was silly for this man to be doing what is apparently some ill fated attempt at fishing in a location that obviously didn't have any fish present. He doesn't even have a pole! So with the help of the curved line and straight line tool I added a blue hued transparent fish leaping from the waters to show that this chap was not putting in an unecessary effort for fishing where there are not fish.

I believe my edit of your photo makes it pop and makes it a much better and much more interesting photo than the plain, dull, lifeless original. If you would like to learn how to successfully edit a photo such as this in my unique art style, just let me know and we can set up an online tutoring session. Your photos will end up looking just as amazing as mine!

15297219556_9842e008a2_b.jpg

The quality is not so great. What camera/lens do you use?

I used Canon Mark 3 with 24-105 canon, f4.
The file i posed was a JPEG, probably even more compressed while uploading , but i shoot RAW

You'll have to excuse my lack of photo shop since I'm at work, but I have another suitable program to edit your photo with simply called: Paint.

First of all, I didn't appreciate you posting a half naked photo without labeling the thread not safe for work. Nudity is not tolerated at work, so photos like this can get me in trouble and if I want to look at naked pictures at work, I have to do it on my phone. So to rectify that outstanding issue, I gave the fellow some more clothes. Once that was done, I decided that your photo was suffering from lack of clouds and added some. I used the spray paint tool to capture a more realistic look of nice white fluffy clouds. After that, I noticed a lack of birds soaring majestically through the heavans so I used the curved line tool to add a flock. They're ravens. Majestic awesome ravens. From there I thought it was silly for this man to be doing what is apparently some ill fated attempt at fishing in a location that obviously didn't have any fish present. He doesn't even have a pole! So with the help of the curved line and straight line tool I added a blue hued transparent fish leaping from the waters to show that this chap was not putting in an unecessary effort for fishing where there are not fish.

I believe my edit of your photo makes it pop and makes it a much better and much more interesting photo than the plain, dull, lifeless original. If you would like to learn how to successfully edit a photo such as this in my unique art style, just let me know and we can set up an online tutoring session. Your photos will end up looking just as amazing as mine!

15297219556_9842e008a2_b.jpg

I would like to thank you for your time and will to share your vision and postproduction skills.
I do agree that the shot is “empty” and would benefit from more actions around the main character without pulling viewers focus away, however had to work with what I had.
Thank you once again!!!

Well, I'm way late, but here is another edit.
3Y7A3000b.jpg

Well, I'm way late, but here is another edit.
View attachment 86871

Hello CameraClicker!
This is never too late. I have never worked on that file since I was getting a lot of good reponses so I wanted to think it over once again before I start work on the file. At one point I have desided that I will make it a B&W since there are not a lot of color to show but then when I looked again I was no longer sure. You know in most cases people turn the picture into b&w just to hide the lock of skills with color correction. I am sure you know what I am talking about
I don’t have my original file in front of me but I think that you made an underarm darker and you changed depth of field making it a bit blurry.
In any case thank you for stopping by and letting me see another option of my file

The underarm may be darker as a result of adjustments, but was not specifically darkened. I painted the bright skin with a darker tone, and did a graduated blur. I also sharpened the areas with a lot of the net to make it stand out more.

B&W works well for strong graphics and good light. I'm not sure this photo is a candidate.

Better late than never I always say.

It sounds like you're trying to take a picture that doesn't say much and make it interesting after the fact. This can be challenging, but if done properly, the viewer will never know it was fabricated.

Steps
1. Straightened horizon.
2. Adjusted color.
3. Asked Godzilla to make a cameo.
4. Ate some Mexican food.

fisherman.jpg

Sparky I like your edit the most :)

Better late than never I always say.

It sounds like you're trying to take a picture that doesn't say much and make it interesting after the fact. This can be challenging, but if done properly, the viewer will never know it was fabricated.

Steps
1. Straightened horizon.
2. Adjusted color.
3. Asked Godzilla to make a cameo.
4. Ate some Mexican food.

fisherman.jpg

thats amazing

Don't you mean, "That's exactly what it looked like when I took it!"?

:allteeth:

Don't you mean, "That's exactly what it looked like when I took it!"?

:allteeth:

I thought that you are only postproduction genius but you are also a mind reader

Most reactions

Back