Pictures from my first wedding (one more time)

lukasgunar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello guys,
finally I've got a hint how to attach the pictures. So here are first 5 pictures. As you can see from the title it was my first wedding ever and also first action with flash as flash arrived only 1 day before wedding. Pictures were taken with Canon 30D, Canon 50mm f1.8, Speedlite 580 EX. I'm really just a novice to RAW shooting, so I haven't done much of the adjustments yet. Please, have your say and let me know your impressions. If you have any suggestions how should I process those pictures and how could I improve them in PS, please do so.

MANY THANKS

lukas

-1-
svadba_IMG_1182.jpg

-2-
svadba_IMG_1196.jpg

-3-
svadba_IMG_1210.jpg

-4-
svadba_IMG_1203.jpg

-5-
svadba_IMG_1233.jpg

I have the same gear, along with a few other lenses and accessories. Looks like you got good DOF in these shots. You captured some good expressions from her. But in the last one, she looks kind of surprised. I would have to say my favorite is number 3. For processing, the first thing I would do is reduce the noise a bit so that you smooth out the tiny blemishes on her face, and/or do some spot healing with the healing brush. Skin tones look very accurate. Overall, good job!

I have the same gear, along with a few other lenses and accessories. Looks like you got good DOF in these shots. You captured some good expressions from her. But in the last one, she looks kind of surprised. I would have to say my favorite is number 3. For processing, the first thing I would do is reduce the noise a bit so that you smooth out the tiny blemishes on her face, and/or do some spot healing with the healing brush. Skin tones look very accurate. Overall, good job!

Many thanks NJMAN.

I'm just curious what DOF stand for?

Hiya Lukas, and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
I like these already and now can't wait to see more of your first wedding pics!
I am no expert, so my approach to looking at your photos is totally non-technical, purely emotional, and they speak to me on that level. If I were the bride, I'd love these.
And now I want the 50mm 1.8 lens more than ever!

I think you did a great job too. If I had to say anything about these I would suggest giving them some sharpness.

Thank you all for you encouragement. Now it seems to me unbelievable that I managed it because when I asked for some advice few weeks before wedding at this forum, I've got many advices not to shoot the wedding with my poor experience. I would like to also thanks to all of you who gave me invaluable advices, either on equipment (thanks to that I bought above mentioned lens) or web pages that discribe mainly flash photography.
Here are some more photos (those were also just converted from RAW to JPG with no major adjustments yet).

Thank you for you review.

-1-
svadba_IMG_1302.jpg

-2-
svadba_IMG_1303.jpg

-3-
svadba_IMG_1304.jpg

-4-
svadba_IMG_1614.jpg

-5-
svadba_IMG_1636.jpg

-6-