Pictures from St. Paul RNC

juane414

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went downtown tonight a few blocks from the Excel Energy Center in St. Paul where the Republican National Convention is being held. We went at dusk, so these are the first low light pictures I've ever taken. My friend is a bit more experienced than I am, so he helped me out, he also let me use his nicer lenses. What do you think of these? I think the exposures are a little inconsistent, but I did my best to keep it faithful. There was a lot of artificial light, and the natural light was diminishing by the minute.

small_IMG_0488.jpg

small_IMG_0503.jpg

small_IMG_0513.jpg

small_IMG_0518.jpg

small_IMG_0521.jpg

small_IMG_0524.jpg

small_IMG_0537.jpg

small_IMG_0546.jpg

no comments?

Well there doesnt seem to be anything special or appealing about any of them. 5 and 6 are the same photo with different exposure.

They are not technically bad photos, but theres nothing to the subject, just a bunch of people, some street lights and some Riot police. Probably why there are no comments.

So you say there is nothing special about them and that there are no subjects. Makes sense. What could I have done differently? I could have focused more on certain people I suppose... like this one.

2small_IMG_0495.jpg

Last edited:
Now this is just my opinion but that picture you just posted is more of the same. It doesnt really tell a story(not that my photos do either).

Now if you were right there on the line with those police perhaps shooting from waist level or so aiming up into one of the officers faces catching some expression that would make for a much more interesting photo.

Most reactions

Back