Pictures Of A New Model (girl)

Kemal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, I was wondering if I could get some critiques. I took these with my Pentax K10D with the kit lens and a 55 mm manual lens. I have more pics up on my site: http://www.kemal.ca

Picture_031_%28Large%29.jpg

Picture_036_%28Large%29.jpg

Picture_089_%28Large%29.jpg

Picture_145_%28Large%29.jpg

Picture_177_%28Large%29.jpg

Picture_219_%28Large%29.jpg

None of them seem to really focus on her that well. For example, probably the most extreme case of this in the series, in #4 the ceiling is in focus, but not her. My eyes also get a little lost in them. My mind knows that the subject of the picture is the girl, but my eyes aren't finding it (if that makes sense). For example: In the last pic the lines of the hallway converge above and too the left of her head. Not only that but there is a bright burst of white right there which also grabs my attention. I think these two elements cause the viewers eyes to look just above and to the left of the intentional subjects head.

After taking the last one into photoshop and playing with it a little I shrunk the picture some, cropped it down tighter, then sharpened it. The pic was much more focused on her then, but the problem with the bright white I could not get rid of. I did take a big paintbrush and put a big splotch of black that took up that area and it made the focus of the image her face. This is because the pic needed balance. If you would like I can post up what I've done, but I was unable to fix that problem without adding a big splotch and ruining the pic.

I pulled just one of them down to edit and all i did was to increase the contrast and then the brightness to blow out the back ground and recrop her so she is the center of attention and it made a world of difference. You should try it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back