Pictures of Building

schumionbike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone, I shot two pictures of one subject with different composition, I was wonder which one of the composition you find more interesting or they both stink and why. I'm having a little trouble analyzing my own pictures. Any other critiques regarding the subject or the technique are always welcomes. Thanks.

Pictures1176edited.jpg

Camera make: EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
Camera model: KODAK EASYSHARE Z710 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMER
Date/Time: 2007:04:14 13:10:51
Resolution: 640 x 480
Flash used: No
Focal length: 6.3mm (35mm equivalent: 38mm)
Exposure time: 0.0050 s (1/200)
Aperture: f/8.0
ISO equiv.: 64
Whitebalance: Auto
Metering Mode: matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Auto bracketing

Pictures1179edited.jpg

Camera make: EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
Camera model: KODAK EASYSHARE Z710 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMER
Date/Time: 2007:04:14 13:12:43
Resolution: 640 x 516
Flash used: No
Focal length: 6.3mm (35mm equivalent: 38mm)
Exposure time: 0.0031 s (1/320)
Aperture: f/8.0
ISO equiv.: 64
Whitebalance: Auto
Metering Mode: matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Auto bracketing

Thanks for your opinion, I just wanted to know how other would go analyzing these images. I'll give you guys my opion later. thanks.

Composition-wise, the second is more interesting because of the shadow. There's too much sidewalk in the first one, but if there was more sky (and the lampost wasn't cut off) it would be hard to pick between the two. Have you thought about reshooting this at a time of day when the light will show the building off to its best advantage?

Haha, yes, I'm gonna do a reshoot, I was hoping the cutoff light wasn't that noticeable.=) For me, I thought the first one was a little better compose since the picture is a bit symmetrical. The lamp post in the first one make it a little more grandeur I thought, and the I was hoping that the viewers' eyes would follow the long runway right into the building, that's was the effect I was hoping for, I don't think that happen though.

The second pictures, I thought it was interesting because of the shadow and I also show the full sidewalk which is some what interesting but I didn't think it show off the building as much as the first one did. If you notice, I was closer to the ground in the first one since in the second one, the groiund was beginning to rise so I was shooting from a higher ground which I don't think help making the building look good.

Anyone have any more comment? The last two have been very helplful as I'm trying to learn how to compose better.

I like the second one better

Most reactions

New Topics

Back