Pictures of Orchestra

Maybe I'm missing it, but just don't raise the flash up. I have an XT and I rarely use the flash. I just don't hit that button that pops up the flash. Sometimes it comes up automatically on some of the settings, but not on Av, P, Tv or M.

Am I missing something? It is Friday after all and my brain shut down after work.

Mark is right, that's the flash exposure compensation. There should be another menu that deals solely with the red eye reduction/flash on-off.

Aoide said:
Maybe I'm missing it, but just don't raise the flash up. I have an XT and I rarely use the flash. I just don't hit that button that pops up the flash. Sometimes it comes up automatically on some of the settings, but not on Av, P, Tv or M.

Am I missing something? It is Friday after all and my brain shut down after work.

You're correct. On the XT the flash never does anything in creative modes unless you push the flash-up button. It only pops up in more automatic modes, those on the lower part of the dial. I never use it, I dislike it. I use a hot-shoe bounce.

I found the red eye on/off--the manual says that works by flashing a light in the person's eyes to reduce the chance of red-eye, so I've turned it off.

That's good to know that the flash won't go off in creative mode unless you have it up. I couldn't figure out why I went into a fairly dark room to experiment with the flash exposure compensation, and the flash didn't go off on any of the settings. I think all is clear now--thanks for the great advice! :blushing:

PachelbelsCanon350D said:
You're correct. On the XT the flash never does anything in creative modes unless you push the flash-up button. It only pops up in more automatic modes, those on the lower part of the dial. I never use it, I dislike it. I use a hot-shoe bounce.

Haha... thanks! I don't know as much as I should about my camera, but I did think I knew that. Ever have one of those moments where you know you are right, yet you are still doubting yourself?

Sabiesh, I can't wait to see your photos!

Most reactions

Back