PictureStock.com

JaimeGibb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone use it? Like it? Get any money from it? Heard about it today and checked it out, wanted to get some opinions from users!!

I guess no one!! Well check it out, it's a site that sells your photos to magazines, companies, etc. I'm curious to know if it's worth it!

I've never used them, but I checked out their website.

I'd also be interested to know if anyone has first hand experience with them.

It seems kinda strange though... You have to mail the pictures in on a CD. You can't just upload to their site.
I assume that they want untouched images too...it looks like they do all of the PP to it.

if you read their website, they are an Agency, they send the images to around 50 other agencies
you get 50% of the return and minimum price for an image is $300 meaning minimum you will receive per image is $150

i think you need to send the images VIA post to ensure they are your work and not someone else's and your taking credit instead

it may also be so they can send it out easier to other firms.

Most places like this let you upload directly to their site.

Sending them on a CD in the mail would not ensure that you own the copyrights any more than uploading the hi-res file would. It just takes longer and costs more...

read the faqs...

it says you need to send a Image Submission & order form
im unsure wither this is EVERY time you submit images, but seems a bit of a lengthy process... especially if you don't have access to a printer in which case they charge $25 usd to send the documents to you...
then you need to pay $0.50 for every image you submit (digitally) or $0.75 for film
and minimum number of submissions is 25 images per which is then $12.50 per minimum
until you sell 3 images...
seems more hassle than it is worth

I've been using shutterstock agency since around january, it's pretty muh the same thing.

you can definately earn a nice little bit of extra cash.

I mostlly submit vector art to it, but there's lots of photographers there and they do well too.

here's my referral if you want to join ;) Shutterstock :: Make money with your photos!

Most reactions

Back