UniquePrints

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.uniqueprints.com.au
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,

Just discovered this forum and have been doing a look around at the various photographs posted by the community. Some great photos here!

I've been taking photo's in my spare time for about 12 months and thought I'd post a recent one to get some critique on it - e.g is it too overly saturated etc. Happy for thoughts positive or negative :)

The image is of a local pier taken at dusk.

hobsons-bay.jpg

I see it in the post too. It may be a bit over saturated and personally I am always bothered by dark clouds turning bluish. But thats just me. I would tone down the saturation a bit and maybe crop out the heavy cloud on the top left which draws my eye and some of the foreground too. Something similar to the edit below might be an interesting move. To me it allows my eye to track the shoreline instead of the sky. I'm no expert just my opinion for what its worth

hobsons-bay_edit.jpg

I re-cropped it and ran a basic soft HDR effect over it rather than a full saturation and then darkening. It still comes out quite bluish - but that may be because of the RAW (on the right hand side) was quite blueish to start with. I tend to take the photos on a fast shutter setting as I don't generally have a tripod with me and that might be why it came out so dark.

hobsons-bay-less-processed.jpg

.. is it too overly saturated etc.
My first impression of it was that it looked somewhat unnatural, either in saturation or the overall brightness, but as I was not there to see the scene in person, I can't say for sure.

Most reactions

Back