Twig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bloodpromiser.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
_MG_1028.jpg

It looks a tad noisy and the lighting doesn't look very good. The pigeon's head isn't visible and the sky is white too.

Some post processing can really help this shot.

This photo has potential, but it isn't workin for me right now. Definitely try some photoshoppin on this. Peace.

Lol, don't we all.

Maybe you like to be "original"? A lot of people are like that.

It's okay if you don't like photoshopping, I was just suggesting some quick touching up.

It's something like that.
In my opinion, programs like Photoshop suck all the fun out of photography. Editing in general makes photography too easy. And I'm aware that's slightly hypocritical considering the fact that I use a digital camera, but yes, I do try to keep my photos as original as possible.
Anyone can take a terrible picture and make it look amazing by editing it on the computer, but what's the point of that? There's no fun in that. There's no challenge in that.

Shhh... Twig, don't say things like that... it is heresy with some folks around here...

It's something like that.
In my opinion, programs like Photoshop suck all the fun out of photography. Editing in general makes photography too easy. And I'm aware that's slightly hypocritical considering the fact that I use a digital camera, but yes, I do try to keep my photos as original as possible.
Anyone can take a terrible picture and make it look amazing by editing it on the computer, but what's the point of that? There's no fun in that. There's no challenge in that.
Hopefully down the lane you will realize that PS is nothing but a tool that will aid you.

It's been said a billion times in this forum that for some reason beginners (I did so too when I started out) think that photographs were unedited or 'original' pre digital era. It's a misconception. Before, the labs took care of it behind the scenes or people post processed in their darkroom. With PS you do it on a computer.

But it isn't bad either if you want your images untouched. Whatever floats your vessel. It's what you want that matters at the end of the day.

True. But I think there's a small difference. It was harder to do it in labs. But on the computer, you can do it with the click of a button.
I'll see if my mind changes as I move on. But for now, I'll stay unedited.

When you make the decisions on the settings for the exposure and the setting that determine how the camera processes the raw data to jpegs, you are moving away from the 'original.' There is no 'original', every image is shaped by the choices you have made - you've just arbitrarily decided to stop making choices at one point in the process.

(For a dark subject against the light sky, to get detail in the dark subject your exposure bias should be positive.)

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
Image Date: 2007:06:12 23:26:41
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 54.0mm
CCD Width: 22.28mm
Exposure Time: 0.0003 s (1/4000)
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO equiv: 1600
Exposure Bias: -0.33
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix