Pigeon on the sidewalk

Raizels

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This little guy (girl?) sat pretty still and let me get fairly close. And to all you New Yorkers who see hundreds of these every day - I, very simply, don't :)
100_8716-3.jpg

OK, the pigeons in NYC look nothing like that. They're more gray and dirty looking. If they looked like this, I would have to cross the street when I see a flock of them in my path. Nice shot.

Toss 'em a french fry, They love u long time lol :) Nice looking squab.

If you manage to even get that close simply put the focusing point in the cetner and place the camera flat on the ground at f/5.6

If the pigeon let's you, try a few shots, eventually you will get a shot that is much more interesting than just "shooting down" to a sitting bird.

Nice markings.

Thanks, all, for your replies.

If you manage to even get that close simply put the focusing point in the cetner and place the camera flat on the ground at f/5.6

If the pigeon let's you, try a few shots, eventually you will get a shot that is much more interesting than just "shooting down" to a sitting bird.

Nice markings.

I actually kept getting lower and lower, this is the lowest shot I could get before it moved away.

Most reactions

Back