pigeons bathing - C&C

Raizels

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I guess I should have left more room to the right of the gray guy. Otherwise, I think it's focused pretty well, and the detail of the birds is good.

100_8745-2.jpg

I agree. The focus seems fine, but I'm not fussed about the exposure. Fully understanding dark birds on nearly white stone is VERY challenging situation, I think perhaps some fill-flash would have really perked this image up.

I also agree that maybe the composition could have been different. I would have tried a different angle ( maybe you did, and this was the best, not sure. ) Maybe from the side, or even from the other side of the fountain shooting across. It kinda reminds me of the table at a wedding where they sign the marriage certificate. If you have any pull at all, you always try to get them to keep the table away from the wall. Pics of the back of everyone don't illustrate whats going on as well. Not quite the same thing here, but it atleast gave me the same train of thought. Maybe include more of the fountain/bird bath to give more of a sense of place and whats going on. Just my two cents.

Thanks for your replies, everyone, I appreciate it.

Fully understanding dark birds on nearly white stone is VERY challenging situation, I think perhaps some fill-flash would have really perked this image up.

Noted. Thanks :)

I also agree that maybe the composition could have been different. I would have tried a different angle ( maybe you did, and this was the best, not sure. ) Maybe from the side, or even from the other side of the fountain shooting across. It kinda reminds me of the table at a wedding where they sign the marriage certificate. If you have any pull at all, you always try to get them to keep the table away from the wall. Pics of the back of everyone don't illustrate whats going on as well. Not quite the same thing here, but it atleast gave me the same train of thought. Maybe include more of the fountain/bird bath to give more of a sense of place and whats going on. Just my two cents.

Well, unlike people, you can't get that close to a bird. I was shooting and creeping forward, but they flew away when they noticed me. I guess I could have crept over from the other side...

As for the rest of the fountain, I actually cropped some away, I though it was distracting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back