Pigeons on Main Street

spiralout

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
pigeonflysmall_filteredsmall.jpg

very interesting shot, but IMO, the arrow is not necessary. It does add an extra BIG touch to the picture (and it really all depends on what you were after here), but over all, I'm not sure it helps in anyway.

I do like the movment of the man and the movement of the birds getting out of his way. I also noticed (and the reason I actually don't mind the arrow) that all the pigeons below are facing to the right of the picture (with the arrow) and the man is running left with pigeons flocking left on the top of the picture...

That's my $.02.

I think I'd like to see this cropped from the bottom, so that the arrow is removed. Everything above that holds my interest so the arrow does absolutely nothing for me. Other than that, it's a great shot!

On another note, where was this taken? For some reason, it looks familiar.

I like the arrow and the fact that he's going against it!!! Contrast and everything else is great too!!!

mad_malteaser said:
I think I'd like to see this cropped from the bottom, so that the arrow is removed. Everything above that holds my interest so the arrow does absolutely nothing for me. Other than that, it's a great shot!

On another note, where was this taken? For some reason, it looks familiar.

It was shot on Main Street in downtown Houston.

Does the arrow really take away from the shot that much? I liked how it emphasized the horizontal lines and pointed in the opposite direction of the guy.

I did a little practise crop myself of getting rid of the arrow, and I found it too messy. I think the arrow draws your attention to the man. Without it, I think there's too much going on with birds and lines and man and all the stuff in the background.

I like the arrow & the size of the botz dotz, it gives an interesting opposition of sizes. I find the street more interesting than the man the items in the background.

the man in the background with the striped shirt is so awesome. I would crop it to the top right corner. eliminating the arrow. because otherwise it is like 3 pictures in one.

Keep the arrow.

Interesting perspective. Good detail and tonal range. The blur of the man and some birds adds interest and tension. My eyes wandered all over your image and I enjoyed doing it.

Great job.

Tuna

real nice photo. keep the arrow. maybe lose the phone number at the top. it cleaned it up a little to me but whatever it looks real good as is.

Most reactions

Back