Pillars and Shadows

triggerhappy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
I saw the striking shadows that the pillars cast and was determined to get a picture of it. However, I can't decide if this photo works. What do you think?
original.jpg

Love your composition. It works great! Love the tiles, the strong curve and shadows..... :thumbup:

But why does it have to be green...? :scratch:

I agree with Terri, and am really not sure about the second post either...how bout black and white with a nice bit o contrast :)

eromallagadnama said:
I agree with Terri, and am really not sure about the second post either...how bout black and white with a nice bit o contrast :)
Exactly what it's crying out to be. ;)

Can we have a sampling for comparison, Trig, or are you personally just liking the green too much to want to try a conversion? :)

I'm a real stickler when it comes to being "parallel" with the composition, such as horizons. There is no horizon in this picture but the first thing I saw was the very right pillar not being parallel with the photo border. It looks as though it is an optical issue because the pillar in the middle of the photo looks good. or maybee its just a crooked pillar.

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

Terri - your wish is my command ;)
original.jpg

OOID - I'm going to blame it on lazy workmanship. You just can't get decent builders these days ;)

Terri - your wish is my command
Such a nice boy :sillysmi:

And I personally think this is a great improvement. :thumbup: The shadows are deeper now, and it adds quite the dramatic flair. Nice job!

I personally really like the green. It gives a roman/marble feel to pic. It's probably just the compression but I find myself wanting more detail from the pic.

Nice contrast off shapes and sizes. It has lots of lines to pull your eye around the shot.

The second one, for me, has a good mix of deep shadows and detail - which is part of this discussion. But both before and beyond that, the image is beautifully seen and composed.

Tuna

Thanks everyone :) I think on balance I prefer the second one because the bw version looks a little flat to my eye. On the other hand I went through a big bw phase a few months ago, so this may just be a reaction against that. Thanks agian :mrgreen:

love the black and white one alot...but i still think the first one is best....love the feel to it....very marble feeling....

Most reactions

Back