Pinhole Harbour

PlasticSpanner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cheshirecatcarclub.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not from a real pinhole camera but please let me know what you think.

Pinhole-Harbour.jpg

Thanks for looking. :D

Any suggestions regarding what it is lacking to "look" like a pinhole shot?

I intend to make a pinhole camera for polaroid film maybe using a pack film camera for the film holder to utilise the rollers. For some reason though I don't think instant film is going to look quite the same as roll film.

Any suggestions regarding what it is lacking to "look" like a pinhole shot?

Pinhole shots usually have an infinite depth of field; the image is uniformely sharp (well actually slightly soft), front to bak and corner to corner. Depending on the camera, you often see a vignetting effect. Your shot looks a bit more like a shot taken with a Holga or similar toy camera.

Pinhole shots usually have an infinite depth of field; the image is uniformely sharp (well actually slightly soft), front to bak and corner to corner. Depending on the camera, you often see a vignetting effect. Your shot looks a bit more like a shot taken with a Holga or similar toy camera.

Too sharp near the center or too soft round the edges? I was assuming the edge sharpness would depend on how good and how clean the pinhole was?

Thanks for the replies. They pretty much tie in together about the glass lens thing.:)

Too sharp near the center or too soft round the edges? I was assuming the edge sharpness would depend on how good and how clean the pinhole was?

To me it looks too soft round the edges (when comparing to pinhole pictures I am used to see including mine taken with a Zero2000). I never get such a difference of sharpness between centre and edges but you may be right assuming it depends on the quality of the hole.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back