Pinhole photography on my 30d

nagoshua

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I read a guide in a magazine on how to turn my bodycap into a pinhole lens... just wondering how you get the initial hole bang in the center (so far ive only found mathematic equations and theres a reason i got a C in maths lol) and from there i have read that i should use some tin foil or aluminium from a can and pierce it with a needle, any ways to get this hole just right?

Is this all just a case of trial and error?

hey, do you think you could find this article? i want to get another body cap and try it :p

also that being said, i don't know how much dust and debris can get in through a pinhole, but microscopically is this the best for the internals of the camera?

prolly not but my sensor needs a clean anyways!!

I'm not sure it matters. I was taking some shots and when I looked at the results I had an excellent shot but most of the frame was black. The shot was centered because I centered it through the viewfinder. Then I realized I had the lens cap on and had drilled a hole to make a tether point for the lens cap.

I don't think this works on a D-slr only film. I might be wrong, I have used this on film and it worked fine but I cannot get it to work on my D bodies

i read an article in digital photography magazine that it is possible on a dslr and the pictures come out pretty mint, so i thought id give it a try.

I was also wondering what kind of general rules can you use for exposure in pinhole photography?

i read an article in digital photography magazine that it is possible on a dslr and the pictures come out pretty mint, so i thought id give it a try.

I was also wondering what kind of general rules can you use for exposure in pinhole photography?

like you said trial and error. Im guessing you would set your shutter to bulb, open the little "shutter'' on your lens cap for 15,20,30 seconds and see which one you like best.

Most reactions

Back