Pinhole Photography

Lephty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took the body when there is no lense on and drilled a .5mm hole in the center to try out pinhole photography. Here are a couple quick shots I took. I haven't had any time to really set up a good shot or do any editing so these are all I have for now, stay tuned for others. Let me know what you think so far.

1)
_MG_1926.jpg

2)
_MG_1919.jpg

If you want a real challange, make an adjustible pinhole camera that is about 2 feet long and collapsable. You will have the equivalant of a 38-600mm lens. (I did that in high school).

Fun shots.

You're 0.5mm hole probably works out to someting around f/80-90, a little "fast" for best pinhole results. You probably want to try something about a stop or two slower (0.35-0.25mm).

Also, simply drilling the relatively thick body cap leads to the vignetting you are seeing. You might trying a larger (4-10mm) hole in the cap and covering the hole with a thin sheet of metal (shim brass or aluminum foil), putting the pinhole in the thinner material.

check out:

KODAK: How to Make a Pinhole Camera - Can Or Box

Pinhole

Fun shots.

You're 0.5mm hole probably works out to someting around f/80-90, a little "fast" for best pinhole results. You probably want to try something about a stop or two slower (0.35-0.25mm).

Also, simply drilling the relatively thick body cap leads to the vignetting you are seeing. You might trying a larger (4-10mm) hole in the cap and covering the hole with a thin sheet of metal (shim brass or aluminum foil), putting the pinhole in the thinner material.

check out:

KODAK: How to Make a Pinhole Camera - Can Or Box

Pinhole

Thanks for the info. I actually have a full machine shop at work at have ordered at .25mm drill bit. As soon as I get that I am picking up another body cap and going to be doing to precision machining to make a perfect hole with a proper countersink so that the material is not so think. I will post pictures as soon as I get this done.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back