Pinhole Pictures: UPDATED! (Feb 7)

christopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.djedhi.net
This... is Pinny my pinhole camera constructed from a popcan, several cereal boxes and half a roll of duct tape. You can also see the negative/positive of the last image I took today.

DSC00037.JPG

She is awesome, and I love to develope in my bath tub ;)

(I made a discovery! The red top to those plastic dev tanks fit perfectly over a flash light. and they don't fog the paper. I finally have a safe light.)

Very nice work and I see you even made a remote for it!

Just kidding, it is a neat job so when do we get to see a pic taken with it?

the pictures sitting underneath are the ones. the others failed because I didn't set 'em up long enough (was supposed to be 40-50 minutes inside, and I uh.. did 20). This was the only one that worked out all day as well, the three before were all washed out because I forgot to clsose the portion I slide the film in.

OK! Not bad at all for a get go...looks promising.
BTW, how did you make the hole and roughly what's it's diameter?

I jammed a hole into a sprite can I cut up, I'm not sure about the diameter... I winged the whole thing and I guess it worked pretty well. I used a sewing pin and something to jam it in.

I'm trying to build something really new and I don't know if it's done before a lot (probably has been) but I think it's REALLY cool, when I work on it more I'll show you guys.

and I photograph right onto ilford MC RC paper and I scan the the negatives onto the comp and fix 'em up. I have to cut the edges, so the negs look like stop signs.. I need new trays... I'm using glad sandwish containers.

Christopher, these are COOL!!! I love alternative processes.... cool images and I think Pinny is awesome, too!

More, please. :D

The "Neg" is a 5.5"x5.5" square rc paper.. i want to experiment with coloured "filters" over the pinhole.

scanning them onto the computer is SOO easy after you develop them, I didn't realise it's much funner at home with loud music ;)

So I was out today for a couple hours, well in and out of the darkroom running around trying to look inconspicuous with my black box. Anyways:

I wanted to make the footprints fade, and it works...kinda:
footprints.jpg

This was actually the second picture I took, but just scanned it in, neighbour:
house.jpg

This is a self portrait, only I was moving my head around so I'm mysterious! ooo:
self.jpg

I Really like this one the best, because of all the weird tones and how I accidently made the trees pop out of it:
snowmound.jpg

And, this one the tree in front of my house, It was a windy day today and I'm pleased with the tonal range in the tree.
tree.jpg

Awesome! Your thread here has inspired me. My first roll of pinhole shots is in the wash right now!

awesomeawesomeawesome!!
Everyone has to go and make there own pinhole cameras! Someone should make a new forum to post ones stuff in. ;)

thanks. :)

Most reactions

Back