Pining for a lens? I think I may have totally lost it lol

You, my friend, are suffering from a bad case of G.A.S. (gear acquisition syndrome). We all experience it at one time or another.

Maybe there is some sort of support group? G.A.S. annonymous? :lol:

For now, I'm trying to "practice" getting used to shooting at a 50mm focal length, and moving to reposition rather than using the zoom on my kit lens. I've heard it can be a bit of a transition going to a fixed focal length lens because you have to be more on your feet and comfortable with cropping. Ohhhhh but the transition and learning curve is going to be worth it for this lens:mrgreen:

Has anyone else been so terribly excited for a piece of camera equipment? I mean.. I've been excited about things before like a house or a car or a new computer... But a camera lens?

What's the difference?

A camera lens can cost as much as a house, or a car, or a new computer.

But, yeah - I'm sure we all get excited about new toys. That's what it really is. New toys. "Toys" could be lots of things - for photographers, it's camera gear, lol.

I've heard it can be a bit of a transition going to a fixed focal length lens because you have to be more on your feet and comfortable with cropping.

I doubt it will take you long to get used to a prime... It's not 'hard' or anything. You just have to pay a little more attention to your composition, and maybe take a step back or forward.

And I completely disagree with the "comfortable with cropping" part. Just because you're shooting with a prime doesn't mean you are going to have to crop everything.

Prime/zoom shouldn't really affect how much you crop either way. Just pay attention to what you're doing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back