Pink Floyd anyone?

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well... I know it's an old band and their Dark Side Of The Moon has been released some 30 years ago but it's still, to me, one of the absolute best groups to ever grace the Rock scene of the last 4 decades or so.

Roger Waters is touring again and he will be stopping over in Phoenix for a live performance of the Dark Side Of The Moon. I couldn't resist, I got tix! Can hardly wait for Oct. 3rd now...:drool:

WOOOO! Way to go Mit!!!! I, myself, am only 23, and I like Pink Floyd. It doesn't matter how old they are!!!

Well........yeah...... :thumbup:

Geez. I didn't know he was touring. You're gonna have a blast. No doubt he will be surrounded by superb musicians, and it will be flawlessly played. I'd hook up in a heartbeat, too!

Not likely a band of that influence will grace the music scene again. If they did, these days they'd have to learn a dance routine first to get an audience. :roll:

:stun: ..... :shock: ..... :pale:

DSotM was released 30 years ago??!! (*spirals into depression*)

Antarctican said:
:stun: ..... :shock: ..... :pale:

DSotM was released 30 years ago??!! (*spirals into depression*)

Yeah, One of those new bands as I remember. :wink:

Mitica100 said:
Well... I know it's an old band and their Dark Side Of The Moon has been released some 30 years ago but it's still, to me, one of the absolute best groups to ever grace the Rock scene of the last 4 decades or so.

Roger Waters is touring again and he will be stopping over in Phoenix for a live performance of the Dark Side Of The Moon. I couldn't resist, I got tix! Can hardly wait for Oct. 3rd now...:drool:

Oh yes. I prefer the albums before DSOTM and certainly everything after The Wall was kind of superfluous (except maybe The Final Cut - I was about 18 at the time, the threat of nuclear war still seemed very real, and perfectly captured in Two Suns in the Sunset), but they are in my top 5. Actually, they are in my top 2.

I watched the 'reunion' last year for the Live 8 concert and it brought tears to my eyes. Waters' voice isn't what it once was, but in every other way they were fantastic. Dave Gilmour looks like someone's grandad, but there aren't many (and there never have been many) who can hold a candle to him on guitar.

Generally I wouldn't think of going to a Roger Waters concert, but live DSOTM? Wow, I'm jealous. I wonder how many Airmiles points I'd need to fly London to Phoenix...?

Pink Floyd are my favourite band :D

Shiiiiiiiiiine ooooooooon youuu crrrraaaaaaazzzzzzy diamond...

:D

echoes is my favourite compilation of their stuff

ThomThomsk said:
Oh yes. I prefer the albums before DSOTM and certainly everything after The Wall was kind of superfluous (except maybe The Final Cut - I was about 18 at the time, the threat of nuclear war still seemed very real, and perfectly captured in Two Suns in the Sunset), but they are in my top 5. Actually, they are in my top 2.

I watched the 'reunion' last year for the Live 8 concert and it brought tears to my eyes. Waters' voice isn't what it once was, but in every other way they were fantastic. Dave Gilmour looks like someone's grandad, but there aren't many (and there never have been many) who can hold a candle to him on guitar.

Generally I wouldn't think of going to a Roger Waters concert, but live DSOTM? Wow, I'm jealous. I wonder how many Airmiles points I'd need to fly London to Phoenix...?

Hey, you only have to worry about the plane ticket and the tix for the concert. You have a place to stay here, if you want. :)

terri said:
Not likely a band of that influence will grace the music scene again. If they did, these days they'd have to learn a dance routine first to get an audience. :roll:
Hang in there! I sense a shift back to good music very soon. It's been a couple of decades but I feel things are going to turn around soon.

voodoocat said:
Hang in there! I sense a shift back to good music very soon. It's been a couple of decades but I feel things are going to turn around soon.

god i hope so, it doesnt even have to go back that far, i would be happy with some new bands like alice n chains, or the original pearl jam stuff.

My favorite !!! Your in for a treat. Soak it in , it's good for the soul.

You soo luuuuccccky .

voodoocat said:
Really? You think so? :scratch: I'm not used to such optimism from you regarding the music scene. You must be playing out again. :razz:

nvr2low said:
god i hope so, it doesnt even have to go back that far, i would be happy with some new bands like alice n chains, or the original pearl jam stuff.
You know what's funny about that... and I really don't like either one of those bands. I was just talking with a friend about how that crop of bands is the last good era. It actually started with the grunge scene which is when the recession of the 80's was ending. When the economy is good, we make crappy music. When it's bad, we are depressed and make much better music. Actually, it has more to do with the public spending on their money on good music as opposed to spending it on bottled pop crap.

Most reactions

Back