Pink Rose

bbaker35

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

115344967.jpg

Go ahead...Let me have it.. I just want to take better pictures...
115345100.jpg

Roses are just very beautiful flowers to behold!
There is no doubt about it.
And you focussed on it well and gave it a nice bokeh.
I like the first composition a bit better than the second. Also you are dealing nicely with the difficult light situation that you had when you took these photos. Bright sunshine can make flower photography quite tricky. Sometimes an overcast sky gives you better results because you don't get the strong shadows.
With an overcast sky, though, you could not get any backlit petals, which is what I like about the first. They only are a tad on the bright side here, just because of the quite tricky light for flower photography.
All in all very nicely done. You can start making your own greeting cards.

I agree the lighting conditions are a bit harsh, but I think the first one turned out very well for the conditions you were facing. On the first, the exposure towards the center of the flower looks really good and combined with the depth of field you have, my attention is automatically drawn into it. Very nice.

The light on the second one is just a bit too harsh for my taste, but that is more a problem with the bright sun than anything you did with the photo. Keep posting!

Most reactions

Back