Pinnacles National Monument

feedbrian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just discovered this forum today, and I'm already enjoying myself :mrgreen:

Couple of hiking photos... what do y'all think?

845687148_B4WRy-L.jpg

7D + 17-55 f/2.8 @ 17mm. f/4.5, 1/80 s

845688357_P7s3x-L.jpg

5DII + 70-200 f/4L IS @ 89 mm. f/8, 1/200 s

Beautiful shots, it's interesting to see a telephoto applied as a landscape lens.

Thanks for the positive comments!

Beautiful shots, it's interesting to see a telephoto applied as a landscape lens.

Indeed, I seem to "see" many of my landscape shots at around 100mm. That lets me pick up interesting details in a scene that would be lost with a wide-angle lens. Here's another example from the same hike - but ignore the composition, I shouldn't have cut off the field at the bottom of the frame! :x

845841494_5TW6J-L.jpg

5DII + 70-200 f/4L IS @ 97mm. f/8, 1/320 s

For long shots like this, air quality is a major limiting factor in the final result. I find the Clarity slider in Lightroom works wonders...

Nice pictures I gotta say, though in #2 I would have liked to see more of the foreground, i.e. the tree not cut off, and less of the boring sky. great job with exposure too.

Nice pictures I gotta say, though in #2 I would have liked to see more of the foreground, i.e. the tree not cut off, and less of the boring sky. great job with exposure too.

Thanks!

You make a good point about the sky. This is starting to look like a pattern... something to pay attention to next time out, I think.

Most reactions

Back