Pinnacles

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Trona, California
400r2181.jpg

If you were going for a softer mood, the darker look works well. I would be interested to see this with more contrast and a little more light. I really like the grasses and boulders....and your placement with the comp.

Lovely light, the sky looks Martian, as does the landscape, I think, if it weren't for the grass :wink: ... and I really like your POV here and overall composition, giving the round boulders all the foreground so they help us into the photo towards the pinnacles in the background.

If it were mine, I might have made it a tad brighter, I think.
But maybe not... I don't know...

Very different.
Down to earth ... as opposed to the Martian look of the first.
The sky is more blue, more blown ... the pinnacles are more green.
What do you think and say yourself then, Walter???

Very different.
Down to earth ... as opposed to the Martian look of the first.
The sky is more blue, more blown ... the pinnacles are more green.
What do you think and say yourself then, Walter???

I say, "Walter, we need to talk;"

I say, "Walter, you processed the image from the RAW file and edited the .jpg from the .jpg- You should have worked from the .tiff that you produced from the RAW. Also, maybe you should have saved the file in PS RAW rather than .tiff. "

Then I ask myself, "Since I'm shooting RAW + JPG, maybe you/I/we/us should try an HDR from the JPGs."

"Why jpgs?"

"'Cause you haven't figured out how to generate a satisfactory HDR from RAW files."

"Walter?"

"Huh?"

"What were you thinking when you took the shot?- Does either version relate the story/emotion you were attempting to convey?"

"Well, it was really, really windy, and I noticed that whenever I turned my head a different 'head-hole' would whistle."

We both agreed that the RAW file should be reprocessed from scratch- 'cept a little lighter.

:mrgreen:

See if Walter has a bit of time for some new processing ... a little later :D

like them both

Most reactions

Back