Pismo Beach Storm - Lighting/Exposure help

gmarquez

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificphotographicimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd like some help on this one. This one was shot about a year ago on my old Kodak point-and-shoot (Kodak DX4530). The shooting mode was fully automatic, and the camera decided to make these choices:

f2.8, 1/350, ISO who knows?

PismoStorm.jpg

Questions:
1) How is the composition? Is there too much space given to the cloud (which is very dark)?

2) Would you consider this under exposed? Or does the darkness help the mood?

Thanks for any and all input, this is my first photo on the chopping block.

I think you nailed it with a great shot. I like the richness and the extremes in light.

(ISO=120)

Yeah the sun on the right justs adds drama to the shot not much else to be said. It would have been nice to not have so much haze on the hills in the back but that is nothing you could have changed.

I like the mood, and the photo overall. Good work.

Oh WOW that is an awsome photo

I have to agree with all the others. I can't find anything that I would change... Yeah... I just looked at it again think of something even small and I can't... I love it.

I think this picture is perfect as-is. keep up the good work!!!!!!

great picture. If I was going to change anything I'd crop some off the bottom to remove the horizon from being in the center.

BoblyBill/Chris,

I like the new avatar...is that one of the pictures that you are going to print large?

I'm sorry I just saw this. Yes, I'm having this one and another printed at 20x30 at MPIX. They should be here on Monday!!!! Such a waste of money because I have to make the canvas 20x30 but they are only 30x8 and 30x12 so I'm wasting a lot of space but oh well.

Most reactions

Back