Pittsburgh First Time shooting at night.

clbryant19811

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
pit 1.jpg
Pit 2.jpg
Pit 3.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. I prefer the first one as I like it because it still has some lit sky showing. I would like to ask that you number your images when you post more than one or two ans this makes it much easier for a reviewer to refer to an image instead of having to flip back and forth to ensure they are referring to the right one in their review.

WesternGuy

Ah, the 'Burgh. I like the 3rd one, as it isn't the usual Mt.Washington view, plus I like the contrast of nature against skyline.

I LIKE the way you've included a nice, large foreground element in both shots one and two! Good choice. As Westernguy mentioned, shooting while there is still some blue color in the sky makes for a fine "night" shot! Pretty good for a first try at night shooting. I see you've been a member for 10 years! Where ya' been all these years?

I have always liked foregrounds. I like leading into the subject instead of going boom here it is. As far as how long I've been on the site, I don't get on near as much as I would like. Work, 2 kids, wife, and I'm a pastor so time is limited. Also I'm having to rebuild my camera collection. Someone stole several lenses a few years ago so I'm slowly making it up. Needless to say I'm insuring my stuff now.

Your first shot has amazingly good foreground elelements that add a tremndous sense of depth to the scene! Well-composed!

I recongnized your profile photo as one I'd seen here before. Thanks for the update on the life-situation. yeah, family, work, etc.. Bummer about the theft of the gear.

I like 1 and 2 the most. With the first better than the second with the sky.

#1 is the winner for me as well. The other two seem underexposed to me. By the way, I see some sensor dirt in the sky. Nice image.

Nice job on number 1! I’m headed to Pittsburgh in a few weeks to spend a few days shooting the area. Found these while planning the trip. Nice shots!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back