Pixelmud Photography

Zenia,

It's a easy-going navigable website. I don't think you have many difficulties with the web design side of things here at all - this seems to be your strength.. The only exception I found was the disorganisation of the portfolio without thematic headings, or any kind of grouping i.e. still-life; street photography; architecture.

After navigating around the site, I was left thinking that the photographs are mostly competent; some are reasonably well executed. However coupled with the disorganisation of the portfolio including everything from the kitchen sink; still-life, one or two black and whites; night shots; archictecture, snap-shots and attempts at street photography, it was hard not to think that the images need a little more work. It also comes across as a nice collection of snapshots from a personal collection with a few images rising above this genre made by a student hoping to sell a few prints: anyone with URL access only need to browse the web to find millions of websites selling similar images.

I wonder what you feel is going to make your images your own distinction, instead of borrowed and aspired to from Henri Cartier-Bresson like another 1 milliion photographers? Which of these images brings your personality across to the viewer? If you are not wishing to convey your personality through your imaging, then the work will have no signature or vision. Without a signature, the work will have to rely on technical brilliance. Even with technical brilliance, work can be sterile. Without technical brilliance, a photographer is reduced to photographing land-marks for postcard sales. I think you have time to correct these issues, although more visual interpretation would help. Snazzy photos of fun fairs at night are fine and can even be attractive...if a photographer wants to be known for this kind of work.

The news page is interesting, although alternating between generic news like the release of a new camera, and the up-date of a personal website is a little bit challenging.

Conversely, from the perspective of an amateur photographer, I really like your website.

Very well done.

All the best for the future.

Most reactions

Back