Pixmedic Photo Contest IV

sorry for the delay everyone.
shift was rough yesterday. ran 23 out of my 24 hour shift. almost had a break round 0100 but had to take a critical patient to Gainesville for a heart transplant...
needless to say, i crashed and burned when i got home this morning.

submissions are obviously closed, and the panel of judges is currently working on a consensus.
Results should be in later tonight or tomorrow.

I appreciate so much the work you do of saving lives. Get some rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. Don't ever worry about it.

Sent from my SM-T377V using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Lordy Lordy....this was a tough one.
it was a difficult consensus, to say the least.
There were hours of filibustering by the ferrets, but we finally managed to secure the votes needed to announce a winner.

anyway....the deed is done, so onto the good part.

congratulations to @TMorrow for his picture...umm...the one in front?

nicepare.jpg

please PM me your name and address so I can get your prize in the mail asap.

Wow, I wish I would have thought of that rather than photographing the amazing spontaneous nature act of two red shoulder hawks mating. :eek-73:

Wow, I wish I would have thought of that rather than photographing the amazing spontaneous nature act of two red shoulder hawks mating. :eek-73:
Ummm.... sore loser much? We have a member who manages a contest and provides the prizes out of his own pocket (a VERY generous member I might add, who has given away a LOT of free gear to some lucky TPF members) and you're posting something like this? Wow....

Did you ever stop to think about why that image might have won? I don't know, and I am NOT speaking for Jason, but by your own admission, yours was nothing but s**thouse luck. Yes, it's a great image, BUT there is no creativity, no thought, no skill, just 'right place at the right time'. That doesn't take away from it, but if you'd blinked you would have missed it, likewise, Sammy Cellphone could have been standing there and captured an almost identical image without knowing his aperture from his arse.

The winner on the other hand took thought and planning. The photographer envisioned a concept and executed it. The image didn't come to them, they went to the image. Again, I am NOT speaking for Jason, but if this were my contest, those would have been the reasons for deciding.

Ummm.... sore loser much? We have a member who manages a contest and provides the prizes out of his own pocket (a VERY generous member I might add, who has given away a LOT of free gear to some lucky TPF members) and you're posting something like this? Wow....

Did you ever stop to think about why that image might have won? I don't know, and I am NOT speaking for Jason, but by your own admission, yours was nothing but s**thouse luck. Yes, it's a great image, BUT there is no creativity, no thought, no skill, just 'right place at the right time'. That doesn't take away from it, but if you'd blinked you would have missed it, likewise, Sammy Cellphone could have been standing there and captured an almost identical image without knowing his aperture from his arse.

The winner on the other hand took thought and planning. The photographer envisioned a concept and executed it. The image didn't come to them, they went to the image. Again, I am NOT speaking for Jason, but if this were my contest, those would have been the reasons for deciding.
Well said.

Just bustin his balls a little. Is that not allowed?

I will take my shithouse luck photo over a PEAR....PAIR....PEAR...get it. Wow, so clever...

By the way, I know how amazing Jason is and this is a great contest that everyone is thankful for.

That red color and overall cheesiness of that pear image does not make sense to me, sorry.

I will take my shithouse luck photo over a PEAR....PAIR....PEAR...get it. Wow, so clever...

By the way, I know how amazing Jason is and this is a great contest that everyone is thankful for.

That red color and overall cheesiness of that pear image does not make sense to me, sorry.

Honestly, im not really sure how to address this. The wife is upset, and she puts in more time with the contest than I do with making the custom TPF mugs that we have been sending the contest winners along with the gift card. We do this contest in good faith and good fun, and I think we have been pretty up front and honest right from the beginning about how this contest works.
im not sure if you are looking for/expecting some sort of explanation as to why your photo did not win, but I think I spell it out pretty well in each contest post that we choose the winners based on theme appropriateness and creativity, not on technical aspects or difficulty level.

I dont normally feel it appropriate to give any after-contest feedback on our selection process, but in this case, I will say that your photo was very high on our candidate list.
your photo was not "shithouse luck". It was a very lucky catch and a great shot worthy of praise in any wildlife thread, but if you do not understand why TMorrow's shot was perfect for this theme, i really dont know what else to say except that a little humility and grace would have served you better in your subsequent posts.

Honestly, im not really sure how to address this. The wife is upset, and she puts in more time with the contest than I do with making the custom TPF mugs that we have been sending the contest winners along with the gift card. We do this contest in good faith and good fun, and I think we have been pretty up front and honest right from the beginning about how this contest works.
im not sure if you are looking for/expecting some sort of explanation as to why your photo did not win, but I think I spell it out pretty well in each contest post that we choose the winners based on theme appropriateness and creativity, not on technical aspects or difficulty level.

I dont normally feel it appropriate to give any after-contest feedback on our selection process, but in this case, I will say that your photo was very high on our candidate list.
your photo was not "shithouse luck". It was a very lucky catch and a great shot worthy of praise in any wildlife thread, but if you do not understand why TMorrow's shot was perfect for this theme, i really dont know what else to say except that a little humility and grace would have served you better in your subsequent posts.

Understood. Please tell the wife not to be upset. You guys are the contest holders, so you get the pick what you think is best. I will try and be more creative for the next contest.

Considering the current state of affairs in this world, perhaps you should consider small participation trophies for the losers? :1247:

Congrats Tmorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to the winner.
Great contest.

Most reactions

Back