Pixmedics Photo Contest V (AKA: The big one)

pixmedic

I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
are we up to five already? I guess we are! Time to change things up a bit and up the ante!

for those of you just tuning in....
welcome to a special edition of the Pixmedic (Ihavenoideahowoftenthisisgoingtohappen) photo contest!
*As a disclaimer, please be aware that this is NOT an official TPF sponsored contest. It is being done strictly by me, and was approved by administration.*

contest.jpg

to participate in this contest, post ONE photo in this thread that you feel best encompasses your vision of the theme. You can be as literal as you want, or think outside the box with subtlety and innuendo.
The contest will run for approximately one month, and at the end of a very vague and possibly changing time period, the wife and I (along with our business of ferrets) will decide on a winner.

The rules are simple.
I will announce a theme. If you wish to participate in the contest, post ONE picture (taken by you) that you feel best fits the theme. Pictures taken prior to the contest are admissible as long as they were taken by you and have NOT been submitted in another of my contests.
The judging is based primarily on theme appropriateness and creativity, not on the technical aspects of photography.
Only one entry per person is allowed, but you ARE allowed to edit your post and change pictures up until the contest closes. Failure to follow contest rules will lead to a disqualification.

As I mentioned earlier, this contest is going to be a special one. It is going to have a double theme, and therefore, double the prize!

20170524_132612.JPG

awe yea...look at all that Visa gift card goodness!

now....down to bweesness.

Let me explain how this contest is going to work.
There will be TWO themes this time, and you must make one theme fit within the other.
the picture must encompass both themes in some manner to qualify.
unlike previous contests where the theme was pretty ambiguous, this time I will be somewhat confining/bottlenecking participants by directly stating what genre the photo must adhere to.
which brings me to the first "theme"...
Portrait.

well, there it is. the photo submission for this contest must fit into the portrait genre. How it fits into that genre is up to you.

but wait! there's more!
"Portrait" would be a pretty cool theme by itself, but it just wouldn't do to double the prize without doubling the thinking you have to do, now would it?
this seems like a good time to bring up the second theme...
Evokes an emotional response.
from who you ask? the subject? the viewer? A third party? whos to say! that's part of the fun!

So, let's recap...

your submission must be a picture that falls within the Portrait genre that evokes an emotional response in some way.
simple eh?
feel free to think outside the box, or take it literally, or anything in between!

the contest will run until the end of June.
As usual, the wife and I reserve the right to edit, change, add to, subtract from, or cancel this contest at any time for any dumb old reason.

good luck, and good shooting!

Sweet as well as challenging. This is going to be fun. Thank you for your generosity.

Holiday bump!
dont miss this extra bonus contest people, and don't forget...if you post a picture and then find/take a better one you can always edit your post and change it up until the last day of June!

two weeks down, only three more to go before this contest ends!
Dont wait until the last minute and risk missing out on the $100 prize!

Come on guys...a third of the way through the month already and not many entries. Don't make it so easy on the people that already submitted photos. Give them some competition!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Pixmedic...this is like an eBay auction...all of the serious contestants are waiting towards the end to submit their bid...er, uh...submission.

This is a double edged sword for me.
On one hand, I am a portrait photographer by trade, on the other hand I am also alexithymic; this means that I am good at taking portraits but I do not understand the corresponding emotional response.
DSC_8393.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back