PLACES TO UPLOAD YOUR PHOTOS TO THE WEB

Deeplinking dirty? Hmmm only in a dirty mind i suppose.... Is there something you wanna tell us? :p J/K

Here's a couple of free album sites I've used. Both allow you to embed a picture into a message, so you can post yer photos here, or just provide a link to the image, the album, or your complete gallery.

http://fotopic.net/

http://photo.instantlogic.com/

Fotopic has many many options and 250 MB of free space. I've never had any problems with it, and you can fiddle with settings to your heart's content, and search other gallerys.

Instant Logic is cool too, less options and 200 MB of free space. I've personally had a few issues with my uploads being cancelled. It may be because they've timed out because it always happens when I try to send 6 or 8 MB with my crappy 56k modem. I've had no problems sending one or two pics at a time though. No searching of other gallerys, but you can put an album INTO another album. Trust me, that's kinda cool.

Hmmm. All my pics at Snapfish.com have disappeared. I have emailed customer service, but no reply yet. Anyone know what's up?

I finally gave up trying to find a decent online album place and registered a domain to host my own website. www.godaddy.com has some spectacular deals on site registration and hosting. Initial investment was $23 for 2 years registration and thefirst month hosting. Now it's like $7 a month to host.

(Oh btw, take a look at www.whitesharkphoto.com for my site! :D )

The best paid photo hosting site I've found so far is www.imageevent.com It is 1500 pics (up to 1500MB) storage for $24.95/yr. Seems to be well run and as long as you pay your fee your pics stay available.

I have a couple of my own sites for $20/yr + $15/yr domain registration for 1000MB storage each. That's been my best storage solution.

paddyjoe said:
www.imagestation.com

They claim that they'll give you unlimited free storage. That remains to be seen, but it's been working well for me.

imagestation doesn't allow deep-linking :cry:

It's been my experience with Image Station that sometimes they allow pics in message boards and sometimes they don't. I don't know if it's intentional or not. Sometimes a pic will show for a while and then won't.

Just letting you all know i think that snapfish started to dissallow hotlinking, so you might want to find anothre source.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back