places you've been kicked out of or told to stop

oohhhh . . . frightening. i hope i don't ever get arrested for something like that.(or anything really)

NFL game and a private party in a box at a sports stadium.....apparently the topless drunk girl dancing on the counter didnt want me to take a photo of her.

in the shopping mall under Canary Wharf, just ask anyone at the last London meetup, the dozy security guard almost had my 1D + 12-24 rammed down his throat :lol:

That guard was only little! Ben (Scura) was still taking photos whilst the guy was talking! :hail:

I think I may have a photo of tha guard actually! :lol:

Angel Statium, Anaheim, CA
Arrested (The Long Arm of the Law - This photo is not of me, I got arrested for taking this photo of another photog getting arrested.)
28693897-M.jpg

Playing poker in a bar late one night in an eastern European country when the boss decided that everyone had to put their guns on another table where he could see them and I had to put my camera there as well.

what was the outcome of that arrest? one of my professers got arrested under similar circumstances. his was tresspassing, he was on the sidewalk in front of the courthouse.

The organisers of the uni games tried to kick me out for photographing the women's volleyball championship today thinking I was some kind of pervert. Fortunately a very vocal player ran off the field mid game to say "oh f*** off he's ours and we invited him here to take photos".

The entire place heard it so by the end of the day I had all sorts of strangers asking me to photograph their games :).

I also got kicked off "private property" at a Sydney harbour while photographing a docked boat from the service entrance. Mr RentACop looked kind of flabbergasted when instead of leaning on their fence I decided to take 3 steps back onto the road (public property), setup a tripod and get the exact same shot.

what was the outcome of that arrest? one of my professers got arrested under similar circumstances. his was tresspassing, he was on the sidewalk in front of the courthouse.

It actually went to trial. (Nobody on my side of the ledger thought it would but the police were insistent.) I was found "innocent" and the Anaheim Police dropped the charges against the AP guy (the dude in the photos). Anaheim Police were considered pretty much in the same light as ****s back then.

I and the paper could have sued ... but dropped any further litigation in favor of chatting with the Chief and getting him to pull in the dogs.

About a month or so later one of our reporters was investigating a story which was quite bad for the Anaheim Police and received eight traffic tickets in one city block.

Should have went for the money.

Gary

Kicked out of a golf course for photographing Michael Jordan, also kicked out of all the Burger Kings for about a 50 mile radius for riding through on a dirt bike naked (1975).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back