planets line up

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
tomorrow night in the western sky mercury, venus, mars, saturn and jupiter will be aligned and visible to the naked eye. they say this won't happen again for another gazillion years or century...either way, we won't have an opportunity to see this again. read if interested: see link below

I love stuff like this. Wasn't there a similar event, where there were 4-5 planets lined up in a row that was easily visible to the naked eye, just a few years back? :thumbup: I remember checking on them every night for about 1 fabulous week - but at the moment, I can't remember which planets were involved.... I may have a short-term memory problem. :mrgreen:

Edit: Wait a sec....the article says: Last Updated Wed, 24 Mar 2004 21:35:56

Are you feeding us old news, Jon? This was a test, wasn't it?? :x

crap, i copied the wrong page, now i can't find the other. let me try again....

JonMikal said:
crap, i copied the wrong page, now i can't find the other. let me try again....
No, you were testing me for sobriety. And it won't wrok! ;)

damnit, i can't find the page. oh well, maybe something will surface later.

so, how's everyone doin? having a good night?

JonMikal said:
bet you smell of grapefruit though :mrgreen:
No, it happens to be a fabulous Italian red....a '96 Tignanello and it's rather yummy... :drunk:

But that doesn't mean I don't know what year it is, buster! :bigangel:

Awesome......thanks for finding the link again. [sigh] don't ya hate light pollution? One of the best things about going out west is losing that godawful glare and actually being able to SEE the stars.....they're amazing, and I never get tired of looking at them!

I hope there really IS a thin crescent moon the week of July 7th, as the illustration suggests.... that is my favorite kind of moon. :mrgreen:

I'll have to chain myself in on those nights then. When the planets align I grow horns and run about in the dead of night trying to kill giant ants.

No, it happens to be a fabulous Italian red....a '96 Tignanello and it's rather yummy...
Piss head.

Awesome......thanks for finding the link again. [sigh] don't ya hate light pollution? One of the best things about going out west is losing that godawful glare and actually being able to SEE the stars.....they're amazing, and I never get tired of looking at them!
I'd love to see the stars. Too much light pollution here. Sometimes the sky is orange from street lights. On a clear night you can see a few, but not many.

Vicky, if you read this, I'll take you up on that boat trip offer just so you can show me a shoot star.

Thanks Jon! We're lucky to live in a very rural area and can see the stars quite well.

You wouldn't know what time this is happening, would you Jon.
Nothing whatsoever to do with a virgin, a black cockerel and some mystics symbols as part of an ancient ritual that will make me master of the Universe (or at the very least a Red Mod). Honest.

The planets aligned and my town is blasting off enough fireworks to probably pay my annual salary at the same time? This could cause a major problem with the interdimensional shifts. Let's see now....3.14~x(8z)n...yup! Its gonna be messy tonight folks.

Hertz van Rental said:
You wouldn't know what time this is happening, would you Jon.

:lmao: as i understand it, venus should show very soon after sundown followed by saturn and mercury. my impression was 5 planets at first, but i think it's three. a few years ago, 2003 i think, 5 planets aligned, but not not nearly as close as these three will.

Only three? Good job you told me in time.
If I had carried out that particular ritual with only 3 planets in alignment I would have transmigrated into a hedgehog.
Close call there.
I'd better tell the virgin to put her clothes back on. On second thoughts, as I no longer need a virgin.....

Most reactions

Back