Play Time!

graigdavis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was in Pittsburgh this last weekend and there is this fountain in the city. Its the local play spot for a lot of kids. This was just after the fireworks so there had to have been 50 kids playing around in the water. Let me know what you think.

59066317.jpg

59066313.jpg

59066312.jpg

Wow, it looks as if they are playing in crystals.

Tell me could you set the shutter speed any faster? I would love to see better stop motion....

-Jeremy-

I didnt stop long so I couldnt mess around with the shutter much. I had these set about as fast as I could with out loosing detail in the childrens faces and such. It was really dark out at this point.

These were about 1/80, f3.1, ISO800

My camera gets a little noisy when shooting at ISO800 unfortunatly...

Fun shots! :D

I like the first image best, I think the composition has drama and the almost-but-not-quite-silhouetted people looks very good.

The last image is a mite too soft for me - I would agree, if you'd had a faster shutter speed you might have captured him better. I think it's the best, composition-wise, though.

Nice snaps. Nice play on light. '
#1 the main focal point is running out of the picture
#2 is my favorite--it has compositional value.
#3 the main focal point is diving out of the picture and has no detail. Cropping the left border might save it.

Were these pictures edited, or is that beautiful light play natural?

I like the first one the best. Something about those water fountains spurting that high draws me in.

The second and third one im expecting some bad guy with kryptonie to come around the corner looking for superman. They really do look like crystals.

I love these Graig !
Pic 1 looks very pretty ! Whilst the sillouhette of the kid on the far right looks cool , I'm wondering if the image will benefit from cropping on both the right and left sides. Purely to remove the other light sources ( the building lights on the right and whatever that light is on the far left ).

Shot # 2 is my pick of the trio. I love the expression on the kids face. It's a natural progression from the first shot ....seeing the overall scene of kids playing in a fountain then getting in close to see one of them in the midst of all this.

Really like the second one, it's extremely interesting and almost surreal.
The first one is also a neat shot but I gotta agree with Terri in that the third one is too soft.

Same here: love the second.

The first is good to see beforehand, to get the overall impression of what the fountain is like, but the second so clearly captures the moment of sheer joy in just one child's face, underlining the fun, playing nicely with the light and the water... I love that one!

Most reactions

Back