Playful Patches (The Kitty)

I must say that, to my eyes, this is teetering on the edge of a snapshot if not full on.

I'm not very keen on your PoV. It appears that you happened to walk up upon kitty, thought "such a cute site", and pushed the shutter.

The bare patches of ground, while mimicking the colors of kitty and drawing the eye towards kitty, seems to be misplaced and distracting amongst the flush green of the grasses.

I would've also liked to have seen the empty space towards kitty's right, as this is the direction s/he's body language is positioned.

The green eyes are a perfect match to the vegetation.

Thanks for sharing.

The first thing that comes to mind to me is "darn that is a big white space at the bottom"
I would cut down this considerably - its distracting.
As for the shot I agree that a tighter crop would help - lighting appears a little drab in this, could be a cloud covered day. You could boost saturation a little and also increase the temperature of the shot (into the red = move the slider only a few pixels) and then decrease the tint (into the green - use the cats eys and the grass to get the greens the right shade).
You have the cats eyes, which is always inportant in such shots, but the angle is from the normal perspective of viewing a cat - that being looking down. To get a "better" shot try getting down on the ground and shooting from here eye level - that way you are capturing a sight that most people don't see.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back