Playground Fun C&C

mdith4him

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,

I took a couple pictures of some of the kids I teach (1st grade) on the playground the other day. It was really sunny, so there are some bad highlights (on one in particular). I played around with them in PS Elements, but I just got it about a week ago, so I don't know exactly what I'm doing in there yet :lol:

I have a Canon T1i (w/ kit lens) and I listed the pertinent info at the top of each picture. I'm hoping you can comment/critique/help on my composition, exposure, and PP work (or anything else you see that might need work). Any tips on how to get rid of that really bright spot in the top left corner on the third picture? I fiddled around with a couple things in PSE, but it just looked ridiculous. I did manage to clone out a bolt and a rock wall "rock" in the lower left corner. I know it's not perfect, but does it look like a good start?

Also, I read later that a higher ISO might have helped with the bright sun...guess I'll try that next time :er:

OK, on to the pictures:

1. 1/250; f/5.6; ISO 100; I was trying to autofocus on this one...might've missed the mark.

2. 1/125; f/5.0; ISO 100

3. 1/160; f/4/5; ISO 100

Thanks for looking!

~Meredith

PS.
I tried looking this up, but didn't find exactly the info I needed/wanted. These are not my children, so is it okay to post them? I know people post pictures of kids all the time, but usually they're clients or family members. If this post is inappropriate or just not a good idea, please let me know and I will delete it!

Last edited:
PS.
I tried looking this up, but didn't find exactly the info I needed/wanted. These are not my children, so is it okay to post them? I know people post pictures of kids all the time, but usually they're clients or family members. If this post is inappropriate or just not a good idea, please let me know and I will delete it!

I love your pictures... happy kids make me happy! But I was wondering the same thing after you said it was of your class. As a parent, I don't think I'd be very happy knowing someone posted pictures of my child without my permission. I guess the public thing is fine and dandy, but I think school is supposed to be a "safe" place, not necessarily public.

That said, I think they'd love it if you emailed or printed out any of those photos! You might even get a few parents wanting real pictures taken of their family!

PS.

I love your pictures... happy kids make me happy! But I was wondering the same thing after you said it was of your class. As a parent, I don't think I'd be very happy knowing someone posted pictures of my child without my permission. I guess the public thing is fine and dandy, but I think school is supposed to be a "safe" place, not necessarily public.

That said, I think they'd love it if you emailed or printed out any of those photos! You might even get a few parents wanting real pictures taken of their family!

You need a release signed by the parents allowing you to post those pictures. That's why news stories always have shots of children blurred, or they only show their feet, etc. They are minors. There is an "expectation of privacy" (see MEDIA LAW) in school that prohibits you from posting these. You need to remove them.

Yep. As an educator, this in one of the issues we are taught in school. You have to have a signed release. If you do not, you need to remove them. With the first shot, the color is off. The pictures overall do not have a wow factor for me. As a mother, I would like them however.

Thanks for the responses. I removed the pictures as you suggested. The parents at the school do sign a form when they enroll allowing pictures and video to be taken of their children, so I knew taking the picture wasn't an issue, just the posting of pictures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back