Brian L

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
brianlinephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey!!

Thought I would share some pictures I have taken so far with my new lens I bought yesterday. Love this lens. It is really sharp and has a great background blue. Here are some pictures for you all to check out if you are thinking bout buying one of these lens or just for your viewing pleasure.

Angels.jpg

biskit5.jpg

biskit6.jpg

TracksF.jpg

trackscolor.jpg

Last edited:
#2 is the winner for me... that dog is too cute! :) Good job.

Totally awesome!
What body are you shooting with? I was considering the 50mm 1.8 ... can you explain the differences between yours and this one? I love the crispness in composition of your lens!

Thanks paul and AC for the great replies. This dog is my brothers. He is a smart little runt.

I shoot with a Canon 10D.

I would say the 50mm and 85mm lenses are pretty close. I guess you would get a little more background blur with the 85mm because the focal length is longer but not a lot that you would probably notice. I can't really give you a lot of tech details. The pro's out here could fill you in a bit more. As far as for me I know both lenses are sharp and contrast is great. This lens is very fast. Focuses fast as the 70-200 is f 2.8 from canon which I have used before but don't own. For the price which I paid 455.00 after tax at a local camera shop here in michigan and you can't beat how sharp and how great the lens is overall.

I want to do wedding photography and portraits so that is why I bought this lens. Its great for that.

My cuz is a professional photographer and he recommended this lens to me cause once again the price and how nice it is. Being that it is fixed focal length it makes you move around for different angles of the shot. So in the end it really helps make you a better photographer. There is also another post on here that someone was playing around with the 50mm you were talking bout and had some pictures. You might check that out. Also if there is a pro going thru the beginner section here and could explain more fine detail or fix some things I said between the lenses for AC that would be great too...

Final thought in my opinion get the lens and have some fun.....lol

I also added one more photo I took today. Thanks again for looking.

I like the latest addition to the bunch, and would love to see it in color as well.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why I don't ever go to the tracks around here. Hmm... an idea indeed :)

Thanks. I am having lots of fun with the lens. Really makes you move around because of the fixed focal length.

I added the color for you to look at. However I like the black and white better myself.

Wow...... give me the colored version ANYday of the week man!!! Jeez... that's a nice image, really is. I absolutely LOVE the colored version of that image, it was well worth your upload.

haha... thanks. I guess it has grown on me a bit. I like both of them a lot. Not sure if im printing the color today or black and white. Will be printing on or the other that is for sure.

1 vote for the colored..... *raises hand

Most reactions

New Topics

Back