Playing around with my homemade softbox.....

frXnz kafka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
CC welcome and encouraged :)

54_by_frXnz.jpg

53_by_frXnz.jpg
53_by_frXnz.jpg

55_by_frXnz.jpg

55_by_frXnz.jpg

i love the first one, specially as there's that tint of colour of the lense, fantastic. Is it a silver background, or alumminium looks really cool :)

i love the first one, specially as there's that tint of colour of the lense, fantastic. Is it a silver background, or alumminium looks really cool :)
The back is a white poster board, the base is a white foam board. Just played around with the lighting to get them to look gray. I was quite surprised by how reflective the foam board is.

thats awesome, mind you that kinda sums up photography, some times the most simple things come out the best :)

I definitely like the first one best~ it isn't like a straight-on shot like the last one (usually straight-on ones are on those camera-selling websites XD) and looks slightly more artistic. I really like ALL of them though because of the absolutely terrific lighting. You said it was homemade; how did you make it? I definitely want a softbox like this :D

Very nice, great shots, good job!

nice shots great lighting, pics of the setup? :p
I didn't take any, unfortunately. It was a pretty simple setup though. Softbox camera right, aluminum foil reflector somewhere to the left/front/top. I might be using a similar setup for something tonight, if I do I'll get a shot of it.

I'll try to get some photos of my softbox tonight. It's sort of a pyramid shaped thing, with a flat top. I have a white t-shirt being used as the diffuser, but I think I might swap it for a white trashbag. The inside is lined with aluminum foil for maximum light output, and the flash fits right inside a slot in the back. Nothing fancy.

definitely get some pics, i've been testing with one of my own and seeing everyone elses results and setups helps a lot

Most reactions

New Topics

Back