Playing in the Woods

eravedesigns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I did some shots with a friend of a friend in the woods a couple days ago and this is what I got. C&C please.

2462072151_1ec515745f.jpg

2463640436_ae43fde52a.jpg

2463640378_501a27e7cd.jpg

2463674230_173f1298f5.jpg

2463640320_65ca27503d.jpg

cute girl! The only one of this series that I don't love is the second one. I don't feel like you're seeing enough of her.

Other than that, I think you did a great job!

btw, I think I prefer the bw ones - they look awesome!

Thanks I get where you are going with the second one but out of the series it isn't my least favorite but thanks for the opinion.

just out of curiosity..did you saturate any of these?

just out of curiosity..did you saturate any of these?

Yes it's one of the main adjustments I do to all my photos in the post processing procedure. I find it almost a must to do with B&W photos to make them even appear close to a film B&W. In the B&W photos I took in this series though I did a bit of extra darkening on the edges.

I like no. 3 the best, the photo quality looks great and the expression is perfect for the shot.

only thing i might do different with the first one is see if you can lighten the shadow under her nose. She might not even notice just thought I'd throw that out there, :) Last one you may have needed filll flash or a reflecter because her eyes are just dark no detail but its still a nice expression. Good job.

only thing i might do different with the first one is see if you can lighten the shadow under her nose. She might not even notice just thought I'd throw that out there, :) Last one you may have needed filll flash or a reflecter because her eyes are just dark no detail but its still a nice expression. Good job.

Ya the eyes I was able to bring out a bit more with photoshop but I really couldn't carry a reflector in the muddy nasty forest nor did I have any one to hold it nor do I own a reflector stand. I was carrying my flash but I was having more fun with the natural lighting in the woods. I do notice that shadow you are talking about under her nose which some people might not like but I think it adds to the very bold look that image has. Sometime imo having all this fill light and making sure everything is even looks too fake but I have tried it in the past. This shoot was really just a come with me in the woods and screw around I didn't spend much time setting up on each shot. You left me with some things to think about though thanks. :thumbup:

WOW the clarity in 3 is amazing! were you using the 50-1.7?

I think 1 and 2 are the best. though, with 1 I would clone out those 3 trees coming out of hte back of her head.

WOW the clarity in 3 is amazing! were you using the 50-1.7?

I have a 50mm f/1.7 but I didn't use it I was just using a stock 17-70 sony kit lens for the range.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back