The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am always nervous allowing some other entity to mess with my stuff so I read this How to Create an Image of Your PC Before Upgrading to Windows 10

I downloaded Macrium (free)
Used CMD as administrator to clean off a usb drive and add a bootable partition (formatted as uefi) with info from this link

Used macrium to create a bootable flash drive with WIN PE

Used Macrium to create an image of the drive as it is now
and will try updating on Monday eve when my appointment is for.

The articles linked above are readable and understandable.

I just used Comodo to put my data onto the external drive, then jumped. I already had a recovery USB flash drive for 8.1 so I made a second for Windows 10. No problems but I had to adjust a few settings.

I wonder if it would pi$$ off the software if I referred to it as Win-X?

Oh, did that Python script work out for you in the end?

I ended up with a small exe my son wrote and compiled for me; excuse me if I didn't thank you before.

The upgrade to Windows 10 went flawlessly and everything I've tried so far works very well. It looks, on my laptop, like the 8.1 after a few add-ons. I have two more to do, both win 7. My wife is very sensitive to changes in her workspace and so I need to learn to make it look like Win 7 as much as possible.

Did mine on the weekend. Smooth sailings. I have 4 PC's at home so downloaded the bootable USB version to save each of them from having to download the updates.

Good riddance to Windows 8!

Most reactions

Back