Playing Possum

Miaow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s7.invisionfree.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Couple of pics of a Ring Tail possum in the from yard the other night :)

possum1.jpg

possum2.jpg

I think that's closer than I ever wanted to see a possum before. How can an animal be so cute and so creepy at the same time? :lol:

I think that's closer than I ever wanted to see a possum before. How can an animal be so cute and so creepy at the same time? :lol:

I think its the red eye that makes them appear a bit creepy they are cute IMO lol I havent had much luck with the red eye with them - he/she was following my every move below and kept watching me. I dropped the flash compensation right down, maybe its just their eyes do that with lots of light....

Well, for them to be active at night, they need a functioning tapetum in their eyes, and supposedly a wide open ... not aperture! No. Pupil! ;)

And that's why you cannot but light up their eyes from within with whichever light you use in order to take photos of them awake - which would automatically be AT NIGHT, i.e. in the dark. So I guess there is absolutely no way around these "charged eyes".

For what it's worth tho, the eyes look very cool. Like clouds of their own color. I think they add a lot to the photo, rather than detract from it. I still think the critters are creepy tho ;)

Well, for them to be active at night, they need a functioning tapetum in their eyes, and supposedly a wide open ... not aperture! No. Pupil! ;)

And that's why you cannot but light up their eyes from within with whichever light you use in order to take photos of them awake - which would automatically be AT NIGHT, i.e. in the dark. So I guess there is absolutely no way around these "charged eyes".

Well at least I know now I can't avoid the red eye lol Would be nice to get one though without it though true though you rarely see them during the day. I once had one in my house though I had to catch and let go - found it hanging on some doorway beads one morning (walked under it before I realised there was a animal there lol)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back