playing with B&W and icy Niagara Falls

bean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
American Falls....
DSCF0045.jpg

...aaaannd an overhead view of Horseshoe (Canadian) Falls!

DSCF0004bw.jpg

I should get an A for effort at least 8)

you get an A buddy! especially for that first shot. But to get an A+ from me you need to go down in a barrel and take photos.... ;)

But effort doesn't begin with an "A", now let's think what does, hmmmmm....
Just kidding, I really like those shots but I can't make up my mind which I prefer...maybe the first because of the composition?
How did you get the overhead shot?

I really like the first shot. Great exposure, whites are wonderful. I love the waterfall, but something just doesn't seem right to me in the sky. Nothing i can put my finger on just something feels a little off. Sorry I couldn't help more on that

I like the second one to, but i feel the composition is a little lacking. There doesn't seem to be any real focus point to me. Its a little distracting. But definitly give an A for effort (and at least a B for the rest, probably an A)

i can't wait to go get some shots of the falls come warmer weather (i love really close to them in Buffalo.)

nice shots :)

Number 1 gets my vote. I like the snow formations and the mist coming from the waterfall. It makes for an interesting combination.

mrsid99 said:
How did you get the overhead shot?

We have the Skylon Tower (I call it the Pylon) that overlooks the Falls ;)

tr0gd0o0r said:
I love the waterfall, but something just doesn't seem right to me in the sky. Nothing i can put my finger on just something feels a little off.

Probably because I was a bit heavy-handed on the red channel in PS to get the water darkened :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back