voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got my remote flash trigger on ebay for $14. Trying out some simple lighting setups. If my camera is at 6, the flash is pointing down at a 30 degree angle at 2 o'clock. To the left is a poster board adding the highlights on the left side.

D70
18-70DX @ 70mm
F8 1/60th
Flash WB -2

puzzlebottles.jpg

I think that's pretty good. The jar on the far left seems to have a lost a little detail; was that intentional with the posterboard? That little hot spot on the shoulder of the far right jar doesn't especially bother me; how do you feel about it?

I wanted to add a bit of form to it with the reflector which added that white reflection. The hot spot doesn't bother me either :D

voodoocat said:
I wanted to add a bit of form to it with the reflector which added that white reflection. The hot spot doesn't bother me either :D

So what you're basically saying is that you kicked ass here. :mrgreen:

Well, you usually do.....

terri said:
voodoocat said:

So what you're basically saying is that you kicked ass here. :mrgreen:

Well, you usually do.....
:oops: Thank you terri :D Anything you would like to see improved?
I'm thinking of building a softbox and throwing the polarizer on to get rid of that hot spot.

Excellent! Please to explain why a remote trigger is needed. I must say the I use tungsten lighting (don't laugh, it works just fine) so basically the whole electronic flash deal has passed me by. Then again for 14 dollars how can you go wrong.

I also have to say that I have built soft boxes out of foamcore. They work well, but they get banged up pretty easily.

Wow - love the lines, the colors - is it me, or is this pretty sexy

Most reactions

Back