Playing with my flash..

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took my daughter out for some pictures tonight and I wanted to use my flash and softbox.. Well, when we go to our location I realized I forgot my softbox. :madass: I really wanted to try this shot, so I gave it a try with just my flash and no modifier. I think it turned out pretty good.

When I was editing this in Photoshop the red didn't look so bright.. Why did it change when I uploaded it?

makenna on mound flash by TamiAz, on Flickr

Nicely done! Maybe crop a bit off of one side just to mover her out of the middle? I'm guessing the red issue is a colour-space thing.

Pretty good exposure! I think this type of crisp light looks good for athlete pictures of this style. I'm growing tired of the sofr-soft-soft light schtick...that's been the norm for so long that it's played out, and besides, really soft light outdoors with blue sky looks artifical. The artifice becomes overpowering. I think this unmodified light looks good for this type of location athlete pose. If there's a nit to pick, it's the cross-lighting and the dual shadows under the chin. Maybe consider placing the artificial lighting set-up so that its direction matches the direction the natural light source is coming from.

I clicked through to see the remainder of the set, the ones with her in an open shade type of look with glasses---NICE! Those look so nice. You must be so,so proud of her!

Pretty good exposure! I think this type of crisp light looks good for athlete pictures of this style. I'm growing tired of the sofr-soft-soft light schtick...that's been the norm for so long that it's played out, and besides, really soft light outdoors with blue sky looks artifical. The artifice becomes overpowering. I think this unmodified light looks good for this type of location athlete pose. If there's a nit to pick, it's the cross-lighting and the dual shadows under the chin. Maybe consider placing the artificial lighting set-up so that its direction matches the direction the natural light source is coming from.

I clicked through to see the remainder of the set, the ones with her in an open shade type of look with glasses---NICE! Those look so nice. You must be so,so proud of her!

Thanks, Derrel.. I did notice those shadows under her chin. I actually took this as a full body shot, but the shadows on the ground were distracting since there were two different shadows. It didn't occur to me to put the light in the same direction as the sunlight. Next time, I'll watch that. I always appreciate your feedback. Yes, I am proud of her!! :586:

Good job, I agree with Derrel on the other pics.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back